Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first step to an xbox emu is cracking the file system. In this topic, we will gather all data/documentation about the file system used on the xbox.

To start it off-
Ok, I'm sure everone know what happens when you insert a xbox disc into your pc.. it loads a movie informing you that it is an xbox disc. Well me being the curious person I am, attempted to hex edit the disc. And upon this, you will recieve this same error with ever xbox disc-
Code:
This drive contains a layout irregularity- the partion (6144 sectors) appears to be larger then volume (6992 sectors). This is likely a corrupt drive or some form of copy protection.
Now how this will aid the further success of this project, I am unsure. Good luck to all, and lets get this done! :thumb:

·
Registered
3 Posts
2 nice programs

no need to do that too much, i got 2 good things for you, give it a try!!!http://www.xbox-sky.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8003&d=1116127929

1.C XBox tool 2(chinese website)
2.DVD decrypter(attachment)

or you can give me ur email address, i'll send you both

use dvd decypter to make iso from your dvd,then use cxboxtool to make iso extraction(p.s. you cant make emulation by iso you made from dvd decrypter by using daemon tool or alchohol120%, maybe the contents is encryted)

·
Registered
3 Posts
we can gain direct access to the dvd after the dvd rom firmware hacked,check out of xbox-scene.com,but my dvd rom is not under the firmware support so i find another alternative to do it,it's easy but time costing...

even so, the cxbx or xeon still under construction,the files i extracted still cant be used on these emulator(maybe i should try halo)

and for xbox360 dvd, i still dont got any idea to extract the files, i hope anyone can help me throught this

(sorry, if what i'm said is wrong or senseless to you, but i'm just a noob right here right now, i hope any professional can teach me something, or some helpful comments is always more than welcome and pleasure)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts