Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Quad Core FTW!!!
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have 2 xboxxes, 1 with an X3 modchip and 1 un-modded never opened factory fresh(a 1.6B). Now, the 1.6B has a Samsung DVD drive. I was so happy to get this drive, b/c it can read all kinds of Recordable media. But, this drive is weird. I put a CD-R in it, it wouldnt read it. Then I tried a CD-RW(Sony), it read it just fine. So i tried that same CD-RW with some different music, the drive wouldnt read it. Then I tried yet another CD-R. It read it, but only 8 of the 14 songs played. I havent tried DVDs. Now no recordable media works in it. What the hell is wrong with this thing? Thanks for any help you can give.

·
InnarX
2,756 Posts
Dude, I have never heard of anything like that. I am contemplating either the fault of the drive, or perahps the burning of CDs. I was going to suggest the modchip, but as you are refering to the untouched XBOX....I really donno.

r2rX oO

·
Quad Core FTW!!!
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
n_w95482 said:
Did you burn the discs at high speed?
I couldn't control the burn speed because i used Sonic RecordNow!(a really ****y program). I think i'm gonna try Nero, or Sony CD Extreme on my 600mhz computer.

·
Registered
96 Posts
It's not like Samsung DVD drives read every brand off cd-r or cd-rw try different brands and see if it works, I got a philips drive and it played cheap cd-r but after a while it just stopped playing them so i tryed a different brand and it worked...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts