Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://shogun3d-cxbx.blogspot.com/2011/11/xbox-dashboard-3944.html

Got it working last night. Keep in mind that this is the 3944 dashboard, so don't go complaining to me that yours doesn't work because it's the 3944 version that works so far. :)

I honestly didn't think that it would work, and afaik, I don't think the dashboard has ever been emulated before either. Check the blog for more.

Shogun.

EDIT: Uploaded a youtube vid:

·
Registered
34 Posts
This is actually pretty amazing. Didn't think this would work (not sure why, just seemed to be too low-level).
It's probably a great app to test a lot of features on (Audio playback, memory unit access, video-mode switching, varios EEPROM bits, XBE Launching, CPU accuracy, GPU accuracy).

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^ I mainly did it to learn more about more of the undocumented kernel functions and security features but all of those above are a bonus. An interesting idea would be to save the features set in the settings menu in the registry key so that games can use them later, but using the dashboard isn't really necessary to do that.

All in all, I need to be working on my own emu more. I just had a curious moment and some spare time to fool around with this.

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
Good.
Reminds me the first time I saw the Ps2 bios on pcsx2.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts