Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There,first arrival at ngemu!
They say that Windows 8 Reads Xbox 360 CDs and Controllers and you Can play
on 4 cores 6 cores or even 90 cores! And on any HQ HD GPU!
I am not sure.. But xbox live can be opened!
That Means I can Buy WWE 13 and play it on my laptop.
No need for xbox laptop. Just WAIT. :):):):):):):)

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,698 Posts
uh, hi.
I don't know who "they" are, but that info is mostly wrong.

What Windows 8 will do is to more prominently feature "Xbox Live" as a gaming brand.
Windows-powered mobile phones have featured "Xbox Live" for a while now, and so will Windows 8.

This means that the "Xbox Live" portion of Windows 8 will use the same achievement system that Xbox, Windows Phone and Games for Windows Live already use (e.g. a game you recently played on Xbox will show up in your account on the pc, and vice versa).
You can already see something like this in the official "my xbox live" apps for iOS and Android as well. They log in to Xbox Live and show you a list of recently played games, amongst other things.

Some Xbox Live arcade games will be ported to Windows 8, like for example Hydro Thunder Hurricane.

As for pheripherals (controllers, etc), they've been working on Windows for a long time.

Perhaps MS will also completely retire the Games for Windows and Zune brands. I wouldn't be surprised, anyway.

However, you won't be able to play xbox 360 game discs on your pc.

"xbox" is the brand, "xbox 360" is the console, and "xbox live" is the service. They're separate things. "xbox 360" won't be available on Windows, "xbox live" will.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I may have an X720

RE:
I understand.
and sorry for any bad english and miss spelling.
at least some arcade games can be played..
I will get actually the Next Console in 2014 and I will not care for the 360.
But xbox live integeration is a good thing.
and xbox 360 on pc is P0SSIBLE. Just Wat Till 14560 AD till a powerful PC is made.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts