Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that the Xbox 360 has its triggers operate on axes, but the controller plugin that came with the version of Dolphin I downloaded (nJoy v0.3 by Falcon4ever) does not register a fully depressed trigger as a button press. I could probably use my triggers as a X or Y axis for the Control stick or the C-Stick, but I can't use it for the R or L triggers on a GCN controller like I want to.

Is there any solution to this? I suppose I can get used to guarding with one bumper and grabbing with another (a classic controller feel, I suppose). I'm working towards playing Smash Bros. Brawl and Smash Bros. Melee.

I'm also having other issues with Dolphin, but I'm seeing if Windows Updates will be able to resolve the issue. I'm working with Windows 7, but I don't think that's the issue, as I believe some Vista users are having the same problems I am. (We'll worry about this once I can actually play games, I'm trying to get my controllers set up first.)

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Use the KB/X360 pad plugin included with the Svn builds..

And please whatever you do don't tell me you are trying to use Dolphin 1.03.2 or other older pre-svn builds to play any game, when the newer Svn builds have been widely known and have been excessively publicized over the months to the extent that nearly everyone if not everyone should know about them by now..

Check the stickied svn discussion thread located at the top of this forum and download a newer build from any one of the users who provide compiles including myself.

Also there is no need to download Njoy since it's already included in the svn builds, the KB/X360 pad plugin is what you should be using with your Xbox 360 controller if you want force feedback/rumble and not have to worry about assigning buttons.. ;)

The Svn builds also have Wii support as well just to let you know, a multitude of graphics issues, some sound issues, and crashing issues have been fixed with some games as well as somewhat improved compatibility over the older pre-svn builds..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It turned out I was using an archaic version of Dolphin, but I downloaded the most recent SVN and am having a new problem.

Apparently, nJoy now thinks my Xbox 360 controller is constantly inputting A+4, whatever that means. Whenver I try to assign something to a button (I can still assign control sticks), it automatically decides I pressed A+4. Even holding the button I want doesn't work.

I've never had this problem before, and the 360 controller was just working with the (older?) version of nJoy, it too supported 360 controllers, just not the trigger.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, I don't think you sounded rude, not at all.

I don't have anything called "Dolphin KB/X360 pad plugin," where can I find it? (I downloaded SVN2648 and it is not in my plugins folder.)

·
Banned
23,263 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright, I now have the Dolphin KB/X360 pad plugin, but it's not detecting the button presses (or the control sticks) of my controller. Is there any way to test and see if the controller is to blame?

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
In your plugins directory it should show up as "Plugin_PadSimple.dll"

In the Dolphin interface where you choose the plugins, it'll be called "Dolphin KB/X360pad"

If it isn't showing up as selectable, you'll need to possibly update your DirectX to the latest bi-monthly. Download either the full DirectX redistributable package (about 80 MB) or you can download the DirectX web updater which will only download and install any required or missing dll's/libraries..

The Xbox 360 pad won't work properly with Njoy for one reason, the Xbox 360 controller uses Xinput, the Njoy plugin uses Dinput, this the triggers on the Xbox 360 controller won't work with anything that uses Dinput and will just act like an axis or not work at all.

If you still insist on using the Njoy plugin, but want the triggers to work (Not a definite that this will work), download XBCD which is a custom driver/application that will enable the functionality that Xinput has (Such as triggers) on Dinput applications.

Alright, I now have the Dolphin KB/X360 pad plugin, but it's not detecting the button presses (or the control sticks) of my controller. Is there any way to test and see if the controller is to blame?
You don't need to assign buttons, they are pre-configured on the KB/X360 plugin. Just start a game you want to play and use the Xbox 360 controller to play.

Since the buttons are pre-configured, there is no way to manually assign them yourself.

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
The button configuration is mapped to correspond to the button configuration on the Gamecube controller for less confusion and more comfort:

A button = A button on Gamecube controller, X Button = B button on Gamecube controller, B button = X button on Gamecube controllers, Y button = Y button on Gamecube controller..

Left and Right triggers = Left and Right triggers on the Gamecube controller, Start button = Start button on Gamecube controller..

Left Analog Stick = Analog Stick (Movement) on the Gamecube controller..

Right Analog Stick = C Stick on the Gamecube controller.

And no, there currently is no way to manually assign these yourself.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.