Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was debating wether or not i should invest in an xbox 360. I mean i know it apparently PaWN0rZ all the N00Bs but iv'e only seen like 3 games out for it. Should i wait for more games prices to go down etc. or is it really that awesome and i should get right over to best buy right now.

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
2,775 Posts
I'd suggest waiting too, there's no real reason to buy it right now. In fact there is never any reason to buy any console at launch ever :p

·
Psychotic Robot Master
1,478 Posts
don't buy it, theres so many coasters with the xbox360 such as freeze/lock ups, Core Crashdowns and even Damage to your DVD Games!

Don't buy it, ever.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Hold on to your money until you think there are enough games to justify buying an X360. Especially seeing how many failures the current gen has, the smartest thing to do is wait for a revision or something, maybe a pricedrop ;) If lucky, when the first pricedrop has been made, some of the launch titles can be bought for 30 bucks or whatever the 'greatest hits' series is going to cost.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
There just doesn't seem to be a great launch game right now, just a bunch of average ones. Please buy a system for the games. If you like Halo, Project Gotham acing, FPS's etc, then buy an Xbox 360; if you like RPG's, Gran Turismo etc ... Buy a PS3 ...

But most of all wait for both to come out. With new systems new games come about along with exclusives, plus for all you graphic whores, we get to see which one has better graphics, even though I believe they will be on par with eachother.

As for Revolution, there is so little known about it that I can't really reccomend or discard it so, it may be good to wait till more info about that is released also ;)

Hope that helps you out.

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
I wouldn't buy a 360 at launch time unless I had an HD TV or projector, or if one of the games was really a must-have for me. If both those conditions apply to you, then run and get it. But don't forget that with a console it's the games themselves that really grab you - graphics are important, but not essential. On the other hand, a big name game might be what pushes you over the edge (HALO). And on November 22, at launch time, 15 titles will be offered - with some top-of-the-line ones accounted for, some missing, and quite a few newcomers:

* Amped 3 (2K Sports)
* Call of Duty 2 (Activision)
* Condemned (SEGA)
* FIFA 06: Road to FIFA World Cup (Electronic Arts)
* GUN (Activision)
* Kameo: Elements of Power (Microsoft Game Studios)
* Perfect Dark Zero (Microsoft Game Studios)
* Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie (Ubisoft)
* Madden NFL 06 (Electronic Arts)
* NBA Live 06 (Electronic Arts)
* Need for Speed: Most Wanted (Electronic Arts)
* Project Gotham Racing 3 (Microsoft Game Studios)
* Quake 4 (id Software/ Activision)
* Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 06 (Electronic Arts)
* Tony Hawk's American Wasteland (Activision)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
fps

The main reason i would buy xbox 360 is for the first person shooters. recently ive migrated from being an RPG person to the world of fps. Please somebody tell me that there are going to be great first person shooters. Also one of my friends told me that Half life 2 is coming out for the 360, can this be true???

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Yes that is true. And you already have a great fps, Project Dark Zero, and then there will be Halo 3 and Ghost Recon Advanced Warrior (this one is comming out for PC as well though).

Thing is, there will also be some pretty good fps in the PS3, like Killzone 2 if its anything like the movie showed at E3 then it will blow away Ghost Recon and Project Dark Zero togheter. That beeing said its better to wait.

Ah plus the fact that many Xbox360s are having problems

P.S. - oh and from Katsuya list only these are Xbox 360 exclusives, all the others are out for PC as well. and some for PS2 and will be out for PS3 too

* Condemned (SEGA)
* Kameo: Elements of Power (Microsoft Game Studios)
* Perfect Dark Zero (Microsoft Game Studios)
* Project Gotham Racing 3 (Microsoft Game Studios)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well, this has been the only console I've bought at launch and to tell ya the truth its great. But I wouldn't waist my last dime on it (I wouldn't do that for any console). Theres a few glitches (that i've heard of not actually experienced), with over heating and disk scratching. Most of the overheating issues were because people kept the vents covered or in closed in areas and MS seems to have a good repair policy (they overnight you a box and you ship it back and they will have you a repaired or replaced Xbox360 within 5 days). If you can wait... I say wait until the hype dies down play some games, then make your decision. By the time the PS3 comes out there should be alot more games on the table, and I'm sure Sony is going to put up a real fight because of it, so it should make things real interesting. Either way we will win in the end ;) . It would make a VERY nice gift if thats what your going for this holiday season, if you've got the spare cash. If its just for you and your on the fence about it, hold off just a bit then make your decision. I personally like the console, but I also like saving money, and I'm sure there would have been a price drop by the time the PS3 (maybe before) released. All in all its a good start to a console war, and very interesting to see what the future holds :thumb:

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
LiquidZ0 said:
Theres a few glitches (that i've heard of not actually experienced), with over heating and disk scratching. Most of the overheating issues were because people kept the vents covered or in closed in areas and MS seems to have a good repair policy (they overnight you a box and you ship it back and they will have you a repaired or replaced Xbox360 within 5 days).
Actually right now u have to wait for the second shipment (that means january) to get ur console replaced. And as for the overheating from what i heard one guy had to hold the power supply with a string so it doesnt touch the ground and has more space to dissipate the heat. So i doubt convering the vents is the problem :p

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah I heard about the power supply and the string thing. But I think that was due to them laying it on the carpet, where it got extremely hot. But there were a few people that actualy had the vents covered and it froze because it was just too hot. You can hear the fans on this baby lol ... trust me on that. I mean its not really loud but the first time you turn it on you'll notice it. There are also reports of some stores getting them in next week. I know of at least one store that sold out again, Toy R Us. I think the shippments are just coming by every couple weeks or so.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Like everyone else said, wait a while to make your decision. I also want to add some more advice: don't get caught up in the hype. The Xbox 360 may be able to output high resolution hdtv signals, but the graphics aren't as good as the reps from M$oft would like you to think. Take COD2 for example. When I played COD2 in bestbuy, I could easily tell the difference between the xbox 360 version and the pc version. The 360 version was dropping a lot of frames, and the filtering was quite substandard (no AF here folks). IMO, I could build a $1000 pc right now that could smoke anything the 360 can put out.

That being said, worry more about the games a system has than the graphics [pets my ps2]. Personally, the only 360 exclusive game I'm interested in is DOA4 - but I'm not going to buy a 360 just for one game. I'm going to wait awhile to see if there are any more good exclusive games coming out for the 360, and I also want to see what the ps3 has to offer.

Cheesy Bagel said:
The main reason i would buy xbox 360 is for the first person shooters. recently ive migrated from being an RPG person to the world of fps. Please somebody tell me that there are going to be great first person shooters.
If all you're interested in is fps, then I suggest you invest in a pc. There will always be good fps's for the pc, and you will get better graphics than what the 360 has to offer. That's why I own only a pc and a ps2. I play rpg's, action/adventure, Japanese-type games, and fighters on my ps2 (DMC3, SC2, Dragon Quest VIII, etc). I play fps's on my pc (HL2, CS:Source, UT2k4, etc), which gives better control for fps games than a handheld controller ever will.

To be honest, I'm a little biased towards the ps2/ps3, but that's due to the games that are offerred on the systems. Most of the games on the xbox are American/Western games (sports games, 1st/3rd person fps, etc). And looking at the launch titles for the 360 provided by Katsuya, the 360 looks like it will follow suit. The only Japanese game in the list is Condemned (Sega). I'm more interested in the Japanese developed games and franchises than the Western ones (DMC, SC, FF, Castlevania, MGS, etc). That's why I purchased a ps2 and probably why I will purchase a ps3.

Of course, if you like American/Western games more than Japanese games, then you may want to buy a 360. I'm sure both platforms will have their share of good games eventually - it's just a matter of personal taste.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I think the Xbox 360 launch was pretty weak...they surely don't have a halo to make things good for it... Even perfect dark is not that good... I say you hold on to your money for now the PS2 and xbox are still alive and kicking and quite frankly none of the games on the Xbox 360 truly show the power of the next generation....

"Invest" on a video game console? what kind of investment is that?

·
Registered
822 Posts
Patience is a virtue, just wait, even when the PS3 launches next year, I am still going to be waiting for reports and how it goes or should I say what goes wrong. "Keeping up with the Jone's" will usually give you that excitement, but only last at most a month (for me anyways) so I learned to wait, it gets sweeter when the games get better and when developers harness the potentials of the systems.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.