Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
8+ Years
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well...I'm on my 3rd Xbox 360 and I'm still paranoid about the RROD even with the new motherboard and revisions microsoft did.
So I decided to make a case with bunch of computer fans to have more airflow for the 360. Didn't wanna void my warranty by ripping it apart. :innocent:
I got 24 60mm case fans for free at work. :D
Went up to my friends place yesterday after work and started the design.
Ran into a lot of problems cause the hump on the left side with for the HD and the curves the 360 has. Finally we decided to make a simple box that can have decent airflow.
Anyways....on to the pictures.
Sorry about the bad quality pictures in the beginning...took it with my phone.

Taking measurements of the 360 and the fans

Wiring up all the fans

Friend doing the design

More measurements

More measurements

Making the top lid

Making the left side

Intake fan installed

Making the right side

Back side with the exhaust fans installed

Test fitting the 360

Finished product before the wiring

Ghetto rigged wiring for more testing

Front view

Left side intake fan

Right side intake fans

Testing fitment again

Final product

Still in the process of testing the temperature. So far the system runs a lot cooler and hopefully won't have any problems. Final product is 1 intake fan on the left. 3 intake fans on the right. 4 exhaust fans on the rear.

·
8+ Years
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hard work, and Pretty nice. but the RROD problem isn't because the temperature problem, i believe. and you bought 360 three Times:???:

*looks ToM_E avatar*
Yeah...but I just hated how the rear of the 360 burns up after playing for 30 some minutes. :D

This is awesome. I love it, and really wish I had one.

Great job!
Thanks! :thumb:

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
Ah, yes a CNC machine.

At first glance I thought "engraver" because it looks very similar to the engraver I used to use. I more thorough look at it and I can't see a top loading bit slot. As I remember, I could use that engraver to CNC plastics and light metals too.

·
8+ Years
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep! Its a CNC machine. :)

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
I do a lot of little custom projects in my garage from time to time. Actually, I would prefer to have my own engraver with CNC ability.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.