Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So to begin, I'm kinda new to the ePSXe so bare with me please.

Keeping that in mind, I've searched every thread here and on google and can't seem to find a solution. I am using a usb corded Xbox 360 controller to play, and the driver for 360 controllers found at Windows home site. So everything seems fine and calibrated in the settings, and ePSXe config accepts my button inputs correctly (A for X, B for O, Y for triangle, X for square). The analog sticks also work as intended (the rumble doesn't but that isn't a concern).

Now when I load Metal Gear Solid, or Soul Reaver, or every game for that matter, the game registers my left trigger to be X, my left bumper to be square, my B button is the R2, and so on. However, the analog sticks, start, and select are fine and work great. Does anyone have a clue how to handle this? Something text based I may need to change? Or perhaps I can avoid it all together with another route? Thank you for the help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup retried it again as you said and still the buttons are mixed up. I wonder if its just the emulator being interpreted different by the game. The main game I'm trying this on is Metal Gear Solid. But I just tried Metal Slug and the control were a direct match for the input I put into epsxe. So my conclusion is Ill just have to reconfigure everything for each game I play. A hassle but I dont see another option unless this has happened to someone else.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
.....heh, microsofts drivers just suck ass.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.