1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
The seeker of perfection
4,008 Posts
Yes but the Gpus are totally different. What i find the lamest is the fact that they have a fair share of bugs in the Xbox games played in the 360. They know their machine the best, it's THEIRS after all and they can make proper patches.

The patches work in a different environment. It would be pointless to try to use that code IIRC.

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
The code directly is useless, but technical knowledge contained therein can be useful.

That being said, the XBOX is obviously well documented enough. ;)

·
Bleak Cabal
40 Posts
Kazuya Mishima said:
Yes but the Gpus are totally different. What i find the lamest is the fact that they have a fair share of bugs in the Xbox games played in the 360. They know their machine the best, it's THEIRS after all and they can make proper patches.
Just like they can't make a proper OS.

What did you expect, they can't even make windows (or directX) with good backward compatibility. I'm impressed they managed to got a few games runing on different hardware.

·
Quad Core FTW!!!
782 Posts
The system was never built with backwards compatibility in mind. Not until later did they listen to the public and create an emulator (which was sort of a last resort thing). You should be lucky some games even run at all.

now only if they release the emu for pc
There is most likely one in the 360 XDK. Read this. It states what they reccomend to emulate a 360 with. Or did you mean the xbox emulator they created?

·
Registered
130 Posts
yep the one they created, i am surprised there isn't a new xbox emu being worked on in the emu scene? wat i think is most emus r underground, take for example the model 3 emu, some others which will never be released to the emulation community. I think there r probably many emu's that people have created but will never release.

·
Premium Member
15,727 Posts
jdrake said:
Is it just me or does anyone else find it lame that Microsoft could not make it so that anyone with an Xbox 360 could play an old Xbox game without the need a patch or patches?
maybe u can find a way to play xbox games on xbox 360 with its different hardware! :p

xbox 360
power pc cpu
ati video

xbox
intel cpu
nvidia video

so of course M$ had to do it thsi way :p

·
Registered
144 Posts
Actually, the difference between the GPU brands is the primary reason why backwards compatibility has been so difficult to establish, and needs to be done on a by-game-basis.

From the article I had read, Microsoft is trying to convince developers of new Xbox releases to include specialized code for ATI optimizations that will make the porting process possible.

The lack of such code in preexisting games for the graphics between Nvidia and ATI is what's taking them so long to handle because evidently it can't be accomplished universally. If Microsoft had gone with Nvidia for the 360, Nvidia could have designed the GPU to handle the existing Xbox graphics and complete backwards compatibility would have been possible.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.