Next Generation Emulation banner

XBCD + xbox360 controller + emulation?

5K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Fennyariel 
#1 ·
Hey everybody, long time lurker here, have learned a lot in these forums, but finally I have my own question in regards to XBCD. If you don't know what XBCD is (can't imagine you wouldn't), go here Xbcd 360 Install Guide

First, I understand it doesn't work with wireless controllers, but will it work if its plugged into a usb plug and charge kit?
Second, assuming that it won't work that way, If I just buy a wired xbox 360 controller, will I be able to use that with XBCD AND with the popular emulators (for snes, nes, genesis, etc).

The biggest thing I'm confused about is does this work with an actual xbox360 controller, or does it have to be an xbox360 controller made for WINDOWS?

Thanks and sorry if this doesn't belong here, figured it wasn't quite hardware or software.

#2 ·
hello chaldo!
im not quite sure why you want to use xbcd, is there anything wrong with original drivers from microsoft? ive been using wireless 360 gamepad with pcsx2 for a long time and it works flawlessly, maybe it has something to do with the emulators you mentioned?

#4 ·
hello chaldo!
im not quite sure why you want to use xbcd, is there anything wrong with original drivers from microsoft? ive been using wireless 360 gamepad with pcsx2 for a long time and it works flawlessly, maybe it has something to do with the emulators you mentioned?
I guess that's where I'm confused... so are you saying that I can take an xbox360 wired controller that comes with the system and plug it into my windows XP computer and it'll work with these emulators? I was under the impression that this wasn't possible and that xbcd would allow this

#6 ·
The stock MS drivers WILL work, but like I said you won't get rumble/proper shoulders with older emulators that still use DirectInput. So the choices are:

A) Use XBCD
B) Wait for more plugins to use XInput2.
oh youre right dax, well summarized.

under directinput the two triggers (LT and RT) act like a single axis that means you cant use them both at the same time and it also depends on the emu/plugin if it lets you bind an axis as a button. so that and the lack of rumble support should be the only disadvantages of ms drivers. xbcd can help you fix both if you go with the wired pad...

#10 ·
G'day Chaldo.

for the wireless controller, you will have to use the japanese driver.

the play and charge kit (unlike the PS3 charge cable) does not send any raw button data along the cable. So it will not work with XBCD.

At this time the latest version supports
%XBCD_360.DeviceDesc% =Install, USB\VID_045E&PID_028E ; Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller

However i am aware that there is a another hardware rev as well, and i thought i had released a version supporting it o_O, anyway the games for windows control is the same as the 360 release version.

#11 ·
So the creator of XBCD posts here huh.. boy I sure feel like a dummy for posting that link in my first post :)

No but thanks for the info everyone. What I was planning on doing actually is I'm gonna hook my computer up to my 42' Samsung plasma that I just bought via a d-sub cable so I can play all these old school games again... on a 42' :) .. with surround sound :) (maybe). Hence I've never had an interest in windows gaming controllers until now. I have a 360 with a wireless controller, so I thought I could use that, but after reading this thread I figure I'll just grab a wired one off ebay.

Does anyone else here play their emu's via there tv? Does this sound like a feasible idea?

#12 ·
i just package the installer and update the infs. Redcloud was the original developer, and all the recent code chages were done by spidervenom. the only code i've added was an ifdef to prevent modena steering wheels from assigning centering to absolute left. Though i've got the source code at hand and tinker with it from time to time, im not ready to attack it and add in wireless support when i don't have the device to test it on (or enough skilll to even start)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.