Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i`m testing some stuff and found a strange error..

Emuation terminated ( XapiBootDash )

what does this error means ??

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
That just means the game rebooted. They do that when they arent happy (if something failed, like file not found or function returned an error, etc). This was happening in Panzar, for instance, when two function's HLE signatures were swapped - they were behaving wrong and so returned invalid results and made the game clean up it's resources and reboot (which is pointless on the xbox, but anyway..)

I fixed that bug in panzar and now the main thing is swizzled textures which are being used a bit differently than other games and demos, but still pretty easy to fix - i expect to get textures working in panzar the next time I work on cxbx (maybe today? unless i go surfing instead!)

caustik

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
caustik said:
That just means the game rebooted. They do that when they arent happy (if something failed, like file not found or function returned an error, etc). This was happening in Panzar, for instance, when two function's HLE signatures were swapped - they were behaving wrong and so returned invalid results and made the game clean up it's resources and reboot (which is pointless on the xbox, but anyway..)

I fixed that bug in panzar and now the main thing is swizzled textures which are being used a bit differently than other games and demos, but still pretty easy to fix - i expect to get textures working in panzar the next time I work on cxbx (maybe today? unless i go surfing instead!)

caustik
Never been surfing before, is it fun?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts