·
カラム
365 Posts
He said 6600 not 6600GT

D.D. said:
i think mebe he cud have meant this : Gigabyte 3d1 dual core 6600
>> Do you mean 2 6600 GT?

Man you guys don't understand him? man.

@dhkimboa: I believe your x800XL will beat 6600 SLi. But if you want SLi, go for at least a 6800 SLi. Otherwise, you can still use the x800XL In the Sli Mobo if it's PCI Express. If it's AGP, then wait until you can buy at least a 6800 SLi.

·
Computer Nerd
162 Posts
the X800XL would be faster then 2x6600GT so it be no point and it be going backwards. , 2x6600gt would come close to one 6800GT i dont know how close, but it wouldnt be close enough to beat the X800XL . Since the X800XL and 6800GT matches each other. and in some games one edges out on the other .

·
カラム
365 Posts
Unless you could afford a 6800/GT or better SLi your stuck with the x800XL ok?

·
Computer Nerd
162 Posts
so it be silly to go from a X800XL to a 6800GT its no point . now if you was going to a 7800GT/GTX then it wouldnt be pointless. i would take 1 7800GT over 2x6800GT also. then again i did as you can tell.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Wait just a second I dont think you are aware of this. SLI isnt that simple, just because you have two cards dosent mean this will improve your performance, SLI moves the performance bottleneck from the GPU to the CPU, so unless your cpu is wast enough the two graphics cards will sit idle while the cpu is going to stall behind, and the direct result of this will make the performance WORSE! Think about that before you decide to waste your money on two new cards just so that you can have SLI. There is no magic speed up button ewerything has its sideffects.

In my opinion SLI is for top notch gaming machines only, plus I heard ATI is trying to do something similliar.

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
2,934 Posts
>> Do you mean 2 6600 GT?

Man you guys don't understand him? man.

@dhkimboa: I believe your x800XL will beat 6600 SLi. But if you want SLi, go for at least a 6800 SLi. Otherwise, you can still use the x800XL In the Sli Mobo if it's PCI Express. If it's AGP, then wait until you can buy at least a 6800 SLi.
Acctually it appears like I was the only one who did understand :D I just asked about GT to make sure that wasn't what he meant, and of course with two ordinary 6600 the answer is ever more simple. NOOOO WAY.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks guys for all your answers

my pc is a 939 venice 1.8 overclocked to 2.62 which is just about fine
I think I will only move to 7800gt or 7800gtx
thanks guys :D

and yes chankast, you were the person who was closer to my question :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.