Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello! I recently downloaded the latest (4.11.7.0) version and extracted it to C:\Program Files\x360ce; however, whenever I tried to run it (with or without admin), the window would open for a while then automatically close. No error codes or anything, it just straight up closes itself. I tried extracting it to Program Files x86, the downloads folder, and even the desktop, and it still closes even if I run it via admin.

To compare, I tried downloading the old (3.2.10.82) 32- and 64-bit versions, and I'm able to open/set those up just fine. I'd use those if I could, but apparently the game I'm targetting will only work with the latest version (based on other posts I read).

Where do I go from this? I have a 64-bit Windows 10 PC, by the way. Thank you very much!

Edit: It seems that my controller is the culprit. The Event Viewer shows "Faulting module name: EZFRD64", which apparently happens when using an unsupported controller. I also found out that running it while the controller was unplugged did not result in crashing, while plugging it while it's running will cause it to close.

Do the new and old versions of x360ce support different controllers? Because the old versions work just fine for me. What's my next step?

·
Registered
1 Posts
The kicker for me is that it used to work. And with this exact controller, too. But now, yeah, it closes itself if the controller is connected. Is this an issue with a windows 10 update?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts