Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
2,817 Posts
I played this game in the original Russian Version a looong time ago. Oniblade I think it was called. The game has good graphics, but that's all about it. It's a pretty short game and not worth of playing more than one time. It is a generic version of Devil May Cry or some such.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Hmm well not playing any console games I am horribly underexposed to Hack and Slash RPGs to if there's another one for the PC I gotta get it. Also being underexposed to Console Games it could be that it's not quite that generic for me. Either way I gotta at least try it.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
What? so you just go about fighting with no point to it?

·
Banned
2,817 Posts
No.. The game has a story, but it's not a role play game, you see. You go killing monsters gathering souls like in Devil May Cry, upgrading your stuff, fightning bosses.. Some scenarios has some stupid puzzles, really easy stuff. Basically it is a stage game and the story deploys itself as you go beating the stages. Anyway if you compare this game to DMC or God of War, well, it's a really amateur game. Anyway, the gfx are nice and the heroine is hot.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Meh, I still count that as being an RPG

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm still waiting for play-asia to send the friggin game, they don't even have it in stocks, what the hell... I'm pretty sure there's people that even pirated it already :(.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
mmmm....

if that is what I get to stare at, then sign me up. But I can wait if it has a full price tag :3

·
TEKKEN LORD
1,287 Posts
I wouldn't recommend this game for any one
it has a problem with HDR , somehow the bloom is just to much when the game wants too , and the character doesn't look that good either , environments are pretty though .

and it is very generic nothing special about it , I love this genre of games and I got bored in like 45 minutes

waste of my money :mad:

·
Registered
176 Posts
So, the HDR problem of Oniblade persists? Hell, this has to be a problem with ATI drivers. I had that problem too with the original Oniblade. Go figure...

Yet, not recommending it for "anyone" is a bit extreme, don't you think?

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
If it's mediocre, then I won't have problems buying it for 20 bucks :p

I like the genre as well....I just don't see how something can be so boring when you're staring at an ass-crack the whole time....being the sex-craved hentai addict I am :D

·
Banned
2,817 Posts
Well Kirby, you don't need to be addicted to hentai to love this view. That was the only reason why I played this game (Oniblade) til the end. :lol:

·
Finger of Doom
823 Posts
XD
Expected. ^
I was actually debating whether to get this game myself. I like DMC, and anything remotely like it is something I actually have to see.

Also, from the looks of it, the HDR "problem" is more of a decision by the developers, seeing how it's the same in the PS3 and X360 versions(or so it seems from GameFAQs' screenshots).

Note: Someone over at GameFAQs said this:

X-Blades is essentially a remake of Oniblade. they improved everything, even graphically
and added some combat elements and other features too.

why do you think Snowblind decided to bring it to the states? Gaijin Entertainment
really improved it so it can meet the standards of even console gaming.
the bosses might still take a great effort to beat, and other similiarities, but overall, they polished the visual and gameplay aspects to make it much better than its older sibling,
so it really deserved to be called something new, since it's not the same game anymore.

So we really can't judge X-Blades just based on how OniBlade used to play.

Whether it's true or(if it is) if the improvement is noticeable enough, I don't know. I might post a semi-review of the game if I ever decide to get it(that is, if I see it at a store somewhere round here. HA! Seriously, it takes months for most games to ever get here. IF they even come here, that is).

·
Banned
2,817 Posts
The concept still the same. This game isn't magnificent, no matter if they did some graphical improvements or added some **** to it. Still a very mediocre generical version of DMC.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
I for one enjoyed it until now, graphically i dont see any problem really..., still i have to finish hellgate london first before i seriouslly jump in X-blades :lol:

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
I for one enjoyed it until now, graphically i dont see any problem really..., still i have to finish hellgate london first before i seriouslly jump in X-blades :lol:
I'm assuming you can only play single-player now....didn't they shut down all the servers?

Maybe it will become a collector's item or something....even in the 2.0 beta state, it was pretty terrible :p

1 - 20 of 31 Posts