Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20040912/wl_asia_afp/nkorea_blast_040912203219

SEOUL (AFP) - A huge explosion rocked North Korea (news - web sites)'s northern inland province of Ryanggang last week, triggering a mushroom-shaped cloud near the country's secret underground military base, South Korean news agency Yonhap said.
The agency quoted a diplomatic source in Seoul as saying the mushroom cloud had a radius of 3.5 to four kilometers (two to 2.4 miles), adding that the site of the explosion was not far from the North's missile base, it said.
thats a big friggin cloud. Now im not saying this was nuclear (especially since all governmental sources say otherwise) but the trinity test that the US did had a fireball 200 meters wide and that was a 19kt blast iirc...

edit: I dont know what size cloud the trinity test created.

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
North Korea is some serious trouble waiting to happen, which is precisely why we won't do anything about it until it's too late. You can't reason with crazy people - period. And Jong-il is about as crazy as they come.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Nothing good can come of this. Whether it was nuclear or not, it was one hell of an explosion to have that big of a cloud. I wonder what North Korea's explanation will be.

·
Registered
10,223 Posts
sounds to me like they had an old-fashioned chili cookoff... *sigh*... dont people ever learn? :cuss2:

seriously though, big explosions are bad for society ;)

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
Strider said:
sounds to me like they had an old-fashioned chili cookoff... *sigh*... dont people ever learn? :cuss2:

seriously though, big explosions are bad for society ;)
Yeah and for our Mother Earth too
just gonna have to wait now for two head n. koreans :p /joke :evil:

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Well, according to all I've read, any countries that have anything to do with nukes (USA, russia, ...) have been analysing(sp?? :rolleyes: im sure I didnt spell that right) the area and none have found radioactive signatures that would indicate that this was some type of an atomic bomb....just a really big bang(or thats their "official" positions at the moment).

Eh, call me the optimist but yah think it could have been a meteor? I know those things have snuck up on earth before with out much of a warning that they are coming.

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
Unicron said:
Eh, call me the optimist but yah think it could have been a meteor? I know those things have snuck up on earth before with out much of a warning that they are coming.
I never thought about that...

·
~Dgurion~
43 Posts
well...

Well... If it was a meteor, I think they would know that by now, and thats not something that they would want to cover up...

I doubt that it was a meteor, but I dunno... Could of been some kind new korean weapon of mass destruction..... :evil:

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Dgurion said:
Well... If it was a meteor, I think they would know that by now, and thats not something that they would want to cover up...

I doubt that it was a meteor, but I dunno... Could of been some kind new korean weapon of mass destruction..... :evil:
May have been a missle test using explosives rather than nukes....OR several Missles(unarmed with nukes) accidenatally detonated while in transport

·
~Dgurion~
43 Posts
Well, whatever it was they either dont want to talk about it... Or they dont know what it was (yeah right)... But at this point it could be a number of different things..

·
He's watching you.
1,221 Posts
stacraft voice:nuclear launch detected :p
for me its a another failed experiment from north Korea.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sounds like a good excuse for the bush administration to go in and invade.. If I were you I wouldn't vote bush in for another 4 years with this happening. That is unless you want to be drafted.

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Russian airports near blast area reported that there was no increased radiation nearby. That was still helluva big explosion, but if there was no radiation spread, what it was? Succesfull cold fusion explosion? Doesnt that cause small nuclear explosion, but no radiation at all? :lol: Just kidding. :)

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
KanedA said:
Or aliens (at last) came to earth oficially :p ina a big BooooM :evil:
[OFFTOPIC] This reminds me off: Is there anything new on that so-called "UFO" found in russia? You know, in that place where happened that big BoooooM Long time ago? :lol: I was quite stunned when i readed about it in newspapers. Maybe that explosion was caused by same visitors? ;) [/OFFTOPIC]

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well, as said above (I heard it this morning on the radio) NK says they were working on an area for a hydro-electric plant. info here

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Interesting story Unicron :) Thanx for the link.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts