Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, so I'll make this quick. I installed Windows 7 and successfully ran it without any issues for a few days. But then, I installed the Ethernet drivers for my network card so I could use the net, and then.......XP refused to load once again oOoO It came to the loading bit, but then froze there :( The only way I could boot was if I used safe mode. Fortunately though, my second XP was still functional, so I installed BCDEdit on it, and removed the W7 entry from the boot menu and then, the failed XP booted without a hitch.

This is like, the second time that BCD loader has crapped up my previous XP installs. Is there something wrong with my HD? Looks like I won't be dual-booting any OSes for a while now.

·
Registered
58 Posts
did the system actually connect to the web?

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
im thinking it was probably just a driver conflict between them, but i dont see anyway the w7 partition would be able to affect the xp partition was it the same driver you used on your xp or was it a vista driver? Anyway you have two copys of xp on your computer, isnt that just a little bit overkill.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
netbooting is a bios function and doesn't require anything in the bootloader.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Only on the computer which contains the installed windows, that you are netbooting from.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Easy, but expensive solution...

Buy another computer or laptop for the sole purpose of using windows 7. Really, I'm not being a smart ass. >_>
Or,
Wait for the official release?

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Easy, but expensive solution...

Buy another computer or laptop for the sole purpose of using windows 7. Really, I'm not being a smart ass. >_>
Or,
Wait for the official release?
uhh...the 1st solution isn't all that suitable :p

But yeah, I'll wait for Vista SP2 or W7 SP1 to come out. Seems like the only way I'll be able to use these is if I ditch dual-boot and upgrade completely to the new OS :(

Anyway, thanks for the input guys :)

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don't care about the release :p

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
considering majority wise windows 7 is better when Vista SP2....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts