Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Mhm.
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tech support was terrible. Had an old board from like 2 or 3 years ago, only issue before it was put away was the usb wouldnt work for some reason. So we tried it out since my dads pc is about to be leaving, and it wouldnt install any operationg system on it. Although for some reason it would start with an old 2gb ide drive with windows me. So we tried a bios flash which went bad somehow and look at my reply i got after a week or 2 of waiting. (which wasnt correct anyway, or even close to my problem)

ECS Support(USA) Posted : GMT 2009/07/06 23:50:48
Dear Valued Customer,

Sense you keept the board for solo long, Have you try to replace the CMOS battery, to see if that will solved you issue?

Thank you
J.V.

If you have any further questions, you may also contact us at (510) 226-7333 option 6. M-F 9am to 5pm PST.

Any one in our technical support staff will be more then glad to assist you.

Ryan W. Posted : GMT 2009/06/30 00:00:46
Had this motherboard stored since purchased(in a well kept smoke free enviroment) as to save for a back-up in case of a system failure. Just recently the time arose to pull it out and use it, and came to find that the bios had an issue and would not let any form of windows install, it wouldn't even boot from cd. So in order to try and fix the issue, an attempted bios flash with the latest bios file 060526S which restarted how it should and got to the screen to go to the bios. It gets to the bios and no matter what gets changed, when it is saved and restarted no video appears and the cmos has to be cleared in order to do the same process over and over. Never getting video after the bios and not able to get past that.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
7,022 Posts
Wow. If this were a photo, you could post it on Engrish.com. :lol:

Though I do agree with the tech on trying out replacing the CMOS battery. Head over to Walmart and buy a CR-2032 lithium ion battery and replace the old one. In all likelihood, that would be the only thing "wrong" with the board since it's been kept in storage and is in good shape.

·
Mhm.
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hm. i can just take one out of the several other pc's kickin around to test it. But im not too sure if that is the issue. could be one but as long as powers going to the board the cmos should be saved. As long as the power cable stays plaugged in (or switch on psu) shouldnt be an issue

·
No sir, I don't like it.
7,022 Posts
When the reset signal is received, there is a split second of no power to the CMOS. That split second is all it takes for the CMOS data to be cleared.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
He fell on his own sword, dieing like a samurai.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
i prefer dieing, the english language is confusing enough as it is, without confusing a bunch of retards between the act of colouring food or clothes and carking it.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.