Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After buying Athlon1.2 I totally ran out of fortune for a month, so I bought low end speakers..I mean light.......I bought Cambridge SOund Works (PCworks) the most cheapest.......but they sound awesome............and while surfing I saw this and now I am very very disappointed............these are damn cheap.....way cheap........now what should I do...........oh.......i bet they would sound awesome.

Ali

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh I forgot to tell ya guys...these cost 99$.........shit man.........I suck......I should have bought these.....!

·
Key To The Universe
2,712 Posts
I have PCWorks too. It's kinda old, but sounds good.

·
Nintendo Zealot
1,425 Posts
PC speakers suck :(
Do yourself a favour and plug your PC into a decent HI-FI...
Any speakers that cost $99 are gonna sound bad , u get what u pay for....

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man I had the same impression...........but U will change your comments when U plug a Cambridge baby in your PC

Ali

·
Nintendo Zealot
1,425 Posts
mmm I doubt I will :)
The thing with speakers is volume (as in cubic volume,not loudness) is very important and with a set of speakers that small u just aint got the volume needed to produce real bass,
Also what do u get for your $99 , 6 mini speakers, a sub box and a built in amplifier...
There is gonna b serious corners cut in the quality of the components so the sound is going to be comprimised (ie paper speaker drivers etc)..
But if they sound good to u then thats all that matters i suppose
:p
JAZ

·
Nintendo Zealot
1,425 Posts
allthough I shall admit cambridge made some good speakers a few years ago in the same vein as those above(2 fronts 2 rears a centre and a bass box) but they were £300 ish a set..

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
All i use are $5 speakers, and with just by using DFX or other DSP plugins my mp3s Rock. :)

·
Key To The Universe
2,712 Posts
Originally posted by dhkim
how do you do that with your avatar, keiichi ???
He uses an animated GIF(if that's what you're asking)

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
I like Boston speakers, although they are a bit pricey. Cambridge does a really nice job for quite a small price.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Man, i'm happy with my Combridge Sound Works Desktop Theater 5.1.

When ever i watch a movie it looks like i'm at a cinema (only the popcorn is missong)

·
Emulation student
168 Posts
agree!

Originally posted by onejaz
mmm I doubt I will :)
The thing with speakers is volume (as in cubic volume,not loudness) is very important and with a set of speakers that small u just aint got the volume needed to produce real bass,
Also what do u get for your $99 , 6 mini speakers, a sub box and a built in amplifier...
There is gonna b serious corners cut in the quality of the components so the sound is going to be comprimised (ie paper speaker drivers etc)..
But if they sound good to u then thats all that matters i suppose
:p
JAZ
i have to agree w/this guy - even tho MAXIMUM PC gave the kipshwish 5.1 or whatever kinda speakers a 10(out of 10=kick ass award)(re:few issues ago)
i cant imagine using hammerhead rhythm station, or for that matter, playing slave zero/quake2/ect without the pc line out(headphone stylie jack) to the receiver(RCA)line in - my fisher is only 500watts but i have it HOOKED UP to some HUGE 15" altec lansing w/8"tweet - gosh the subs are almost 60lbs each(my roommate got them from a movie theater that was renovated - traded 4 old tattoo gun!!!) AND my 2 12" 3-way yammyz...
anyway - i live on a busy 4-way n you can hear duke cussin about alien bastards shootin up his ride ACROSS THE STREET with TRAFFIC going both ways!!!
if u have not plugged your pc into your home stereo - please try it out - u will never go back!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts