Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Right so I have been playing FFX for the past few weeks on PCSX2, got about 90 hours clocked on it. I was playing earlier today just fine, last save went well.then a few minutes ago I tried to load it and it says something along the lines of "check of memory card 1 failed." I exited and retried it multiple times, to no avail.

When I go into browser it shows the memory card and when I open it it opens for a split second and then goes back to the two memory cards, but I see my ffx file in there, it just wont wont open. Anything I can do here? I've put so much time into this game.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the same problem. The check failed and I had one save state like 40 hours from where I was on the memory card. I couldn't solve the problem anyway.

The only thing to do was to start it over. I did and I'm currently just maxing stats and beating Dark Aeons.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thats rough. 90 hours just down the drain. I really dont want to restart again, I already had to once. That was my second way through. Damn. Is there really no way to fix this?

·
Banned
28 Posts
You have to get into the habit of backing your saves up onto your harddrive.. I go the extreme route and back all my FF12 saves onto a usb flash drive, just to be safe.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Right so I have been playing FFX for the past few weeks on PCSX2, got about 90 hours clocked on it. I was playing earlier today just fine, last save went well.then a few minutes ago I tried to load it and it says something along the lines of "check of memory card 1 failed." I exited and retried it multiple times, to no avail.

When I go into browser it shows the memory card and when I open it it opens for a split second and then goes back to the two memory cards, but I see my ffx file in there, it just wont wont open. Anything I can do here? I've put so much time into this game.
Maybe you can use someone else's save files? I'm sure there's lots of people playing FFX...

·
The one and only
3,658 Posts
use save states once in a while :)

·
Banned
28 Posts
i have a fix for you. Stare hard at the computer. i window should pop up with your save states dancing in front of you and chanting "nya" "nya" "nya"!!

Simply drag and drop the taunting savestates into the PCsx2 root folder and viola!! Instant access!!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
You have to get into the habit of backing your saves up onto your harddrive.. I go the extreme route and back all my FF12 saves onto a usb flash drive, just to be safe.
RAID1 ftw...backs up everything for me ^-^

·
Anime & jRPGs Addict
823 Posts

If u can see and select saves in the bios, then u should be able to get them back.

In bios select the save u want and hit X, then copy this save to another memcard. Then try loading the game from that memcard.

Note: do not overuse 'unlimitted' save storage capability of pcsx2 memcards. Probs like these might occur when u have more than 30 saves on one memcard. Using one set of memcards for one game with 20 saves at max on each and backing up memcard files from time to time is the best way to keep ur saves safe.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts