Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
In limbo
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading a paper this morning when I came about an ad for a computer shop here in our place. Then my eyes almost dropped offa my sockets when I saw the prices for 1.4GHz and 1.5GHz P4s. $130 for a 1.4 and about $150 for a 1.5. WOW! That's a HUGE price drop.:eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
362 Posts
Originally posted by BaD_BURN
I was reading a paper this morning when I came about an ad for a computer shop here in our place. Then my eyes almost dropped offa my sockets when I saw the prices for 1.4GHz and 1.5GHz P4s. $130 for a 1.4 and about $150 for a 1.5. WOW! That's a HUGE price drop.:eek: :eek: :eek:

i'm not very suprised...!!!

for me p4 is nothing but a big fraud...!!!!!!!!
an p 4 in some occasions(some games etc) can be slower then an celeron(a good one of course)...

don't like intel a bit... :mad:

:)

·
これはバタスです
6,338 Posts
Well, the current generation Pentium 4 (Willamette) was never meant to be Intel's mainstream processor. It's just a tide-over to get the industry motivated towards its new technologies until the Northwood arrives to replace it (kinda like the Pentium Pro). The reason why the Athlon, the P3 and even the Celeron can often times outperform the Pentium 4 is because the vast majority of the software today is optimized for the P6 core.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts