Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Oh man how I'd love to try a game like that.... But it will be too much time consuming for me so again I have to pass.... sadly :(

(An ngemu guild will be VERY nice :D, makes me want to join :D )

·
Registered
496 Posts
Of course they're gonna wipe the characters once the game is shipped. they wouldn't want people that were in the beta to have a upper hand on people that'll be buying the game, now would they? :)
- Modem

·
Registered
10,223 Posts
there was already a thread about this posted by ryos like 4 days ago but whatever :p

ill be the first of the ngemu-ers to sign up, you can be rest assured ill be rapid-leveling once i get it ;)

btw, ngemu guild sounds good... how bout clan strider? :p Dunedain? how bout all humans with mounts, the "riders of rohan" or "rohirrim" ;)

·
No People, No Problems
648 Posts
Too bad i am on a 56k connection, i would have signed if i could.
And yea an NGEmu Guild would be cool.

·
band
4,912 Posts
i was actually accepted to closed beta but when i got it i didnt feel like doing it....just not enuff time :(

·
Registered
10,223 Posts
dunno if that prevents people from saying theyre from north america though :p
i dont care either way, im in north america anyways ;)

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Strider said:
dunno if that prevents people from saying theyre from north america though :p
i dont care either way, im in north america anyways ;)

your IP gives your location. you can just lock an IP range. so the rest of the world gets ****ed very easily.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Typhoon 01 said:
Too bad i am on a 56k connection, i would have signed if i could.
I'm on 56k and I'm gonna sign up. The stress test ran fine, the only problem is that you have to find someone to download the client for you.

·
No People, No Problems
648 Posts
Strider said:
what do you mean? :p
i have a 5mbit connection and they didnt accept me into closed beta, and open beta hasent begun yet ;)
I mean that i am not even going to try it since the ping would be way too high, and playing a MMORPG with a 56k is suicide.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Modem1 said:
Of course they're gonna wipe the characters once the game is shipped. they wouldn't want people that were in the beta to have a upper hand on people that'll be buying the game, now would they? :)
- Modem
Dont be so sure about that, keeping the characters is a way to make the sells increase. Some guys might not want to play retail if they loose all the hard work during beta. Many MMORPG didnt have a char wipe after beta. Lineage 2 for exemple, my char is still available and the beta was along time ago.

·
Registered
10,223 Posts
i dunno though, theyre wiping the closed beta characters once open beta starts, it'd be a logical conclusion to figure they would wipe out open beta chars once beta ends as well

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Well they also wiped closed beta chars but they kept the open beta ones in L2 :p

1 - 20 of 22 Posts