Full specification

Processor Type AMD Turion X2 Dual Core Processor RM-75

Processor speed (2.1Ghz, 1MB Cache)

Memory Size 4GB MB

Memory Type DDR2

Graphics Card Type ATI Radeon HD457
Graphics Memory 512 Mb

Anyone reckon this has the a chance at running ffx or gta at full speed :(

i know specifications arent brilliant compared to quadcore base sytems and i know its not exactly a 3ghz processer .

But reckon it has any chance?

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,570 Posts
FFX: Yes. Use a modern beta build of PCSX2 and some speedhacks and you'll be fine.

GTA: No. Hell no. Why do people have an interest in emulating this game when a PC version exists and runs much better anyway?

As a side note, personally, I'd stay away from Turion based laptops.

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
The PC versions of Grand Theft Auto were better than the console counter-parts, but they were still pretty bad for one reason. They're locked to 30FPS (Grand Theft Auto III) or 25FPS (Grand Theft Auto Vice City and Grand Theft Auto San Andreas). Sure, you can disable the Frame Limiter option, but on any modern PC, the physics mess up as it is literally going too fast, because the hardware pushes the game faster than the engine was designed to do, and the game will be literally unplayable (characters flying hundreds of feet forward instantly, textures not loading quick enough and looking washed out, disappearing terrain, wacky response and controls, etc.). I could play on my Pentium III 800MHz and GeForce 4 Ti4200 with the frame limiter off, but on my Pentium 4 2.8GHz and GeForce 6800 GS, I had to have it on.

·
troubleshooter
7,514 Posts
Ok im wanting a new laptop for my birthday , and this is the one i want:

Full specification

Processor Type AMD Turion X2 Dual Core Processor RM-75

Processor speed (2.1Ghz, 1MB Cache)

Memory Size 4GB MB

Memory Type DDR2

Graphics Card Type ATI Radeon HD457
Graphics Memory 512 Mb

Anyone reckon this has the a chance at running ffx or gta at full speed :(

i know specifications arent brilliant compared to quadcore base sytems and i know its not exactly a 3ghz processer .

But reckon it has any chance?
you got a cheap gift for a birthday present, cause it wont run ffx or gta at full speed. On top of that the cpu and gpu is made of total fail.
You might as well sell if off and get a PS2 or maybe PS3

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
isn't the core duo E8600 in your signature a GPU?
I think you're mixing some things up.

That would be a CPU (central processing unit), or a processor for short.

A GPU (graphics processing unit) is the graphics chip itself that is on a graphics card.

The GPU/graphics card would be the GeForce 8800GT in my signature. The Core 2 Duo is the CPU.

Quad core is a term that refers to a CPU, not a GPU.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.