Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
It's very similar to mine, though I would recommend a faster CPU. A lot of games are quite playable on my system, but some have issues that can only be resolved by using a faster CPU.

·
Join the Dark Side!!
266 Posts
Nice laptop.

The vga should be enough to render 3D without do bottlenecking.

The problem is the CPU, unless you can OC it it will be the reason for many games not to run at full speed.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok my specs are final for laptop cuz im on it XD

nvidia 8200M
2.2 ghz amd dualcore
2gigs of ram

if i can run FFX and kingdom hearts at 30-40fps on my 1.7ghz single core laptop with 1 gig of ram and intel 945gm chipset then i think ican get 60fps in those games and maybe 40fps in others :)

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
That laptop is alot weaker in every way than the one you were looking at.

The GPU in the one you were looking at was half decent for a mobile GPU. The one you have now is hardly better than onboard (I think it is onboard?).

The CPU is weaker.

The RAM is half the amount. I remember Final Fantasy X needing a recommendation of a 3.0GHz Core 2 Duo for almost no speed drops, but that was before speed hacks became popular (and since I don't need to ever use them, I'm unsure of how much things have changed because of them).

Just test it out if you already have it, but be aware that this laptop is quite inferior to the first, which itself was just barely up to the task.

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
its not onboard my dad says. i tested it :) it runs pretty fast. 80fps in kh almost all the time. im gonna test other games soon :D
Your dad is wrong. The GeForce 8200 is a motherboard chipset and IGP. Just because it's called a GeForce doesn't mean it isn't integrated. Sure, it may be better than Intel onboard, but it's still onboard. The very low model numbers in each series (GeForce 7050/7100/7150, GeForce 8100/8200/8300, GeForce 9300/9400, etc.) are often IGPs.

By the way, be very careful of, well, you know, the nVidia laptop GPU failures in the GeForce 8 series (or did that explicitly only affect the GeForce 8600 models and/or not the IGPs in that series?).

As for the speed, as I said, speed hacks seem to have changed alot, so maybe it runs better than I would have thought.

·
Read Only
9,687 Posts
That particular Laptop Asus G50vt-X5 sold through best buy, has a Geforce 9800GS.
One of the best card in a laptop at that price range.

I recently bought a similar laptop, the X1 model, and it will arrive this week hopefully.
I will post some shots and a little bench then.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
this laptop was 400 bucks same specs [besides graphics card/chip]as asus so my dad was like ill get this the 8200m is fast enough why spend another 400 just because of a video card. so i ended up getting it and im very happy with it. i ran bench marks on games like DMC4 ( i got 40-80fps ^_^ ) and the last remnant i get 30-40fps on :) so its a very nice laptop at a very nice price.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.