Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.
I have been having great difficulty running my PCSX2 emulator in peak efficiency when trying to play PS2 games on my computer. I have followed many guides on the internet as to how to configure it correctly, however I still don't seem to be having any luck, which is unfortunate, as I have been very excited to try this new form of emulation. (I have burnt up all of my PS1 nostalgia on EPSXE already :lol:")

My technical specifications are as follows:

Windows Xp 64 bit edition (5.2, build 3790)
Intel Pentium III Xeon processor (4CPUS) ~2.8 Ghz
4094MB RAM
ATI RADEON HD4870 X2 (2GB Graphics memory in total)
Running 1680X1050 resolution

As I said, if you can offer me some sort of step by step guide, prehaps some links also would be greatly appreciated, because I have tried absolutely everything to get this going!

Thanks again!

· No sir, I don't like it.
7,022 Posts
Uh, are you sure about your CPUs? I don't remember the P3 Xeon having support for PCIe graphics cards. :/

Also, could you post your typical performance results with some of your games?

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Uh, are you sure about your CPUs? I don't remember the P3 Xeon having support for PCIe graphics cards. :/

Also, could you post your typical performance results with some of your games?
Thats what it says under DXDIAG so I assume that's correct.
Im trying to run Dark Chronicle (Dark Cloud 2) in my emulator. The most optimum settings I have managed to get runs below average, tends to be when shadows come onto the screen it just lags really badly. Its just running at a really poor speed. Any way you can help? I would have thought a PC like mine would have run it piece of piss :(

· No sir, I don't like it.
7,022 Posts
If that is what dxdiag is reporting, either it's wrong, or you've remembered incorrectly. Screenshot, please.

Also, which version of PCSX2 are you using and what plugins with their respective settings are you using? Don't forget the info on speedhacks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.