Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well hi there guys this is my first post! As you might have already guessed haha! um anyways i got a slight problem with the epsxev1.6 im using. whenever i run my psx games the fmv or cut scenes are always really choppy. it like skips a frame or 2 throughout the whole cut secene/fmv. but when it gets to the normal part fo the game it runs absolutely fine definitely no complaint shtere! so i must have done something wrongwith me plug in or something but cant figure out what! ive tried for ages now but to no avail. thus this is why im asking for help here. wud be real grateful for any help. my specs are below:

intelpentium 2.8
nvidia geforce 6800
1.5g ddr2 ram
80g hardrive
16x dvd rom/cr-rw
im using epsxe versino 1.60
plugins im using are: petes open gl2 driver 2.7; eternal spu plugin 1.41; and sapu cd rom plug in 1.0

ive already ticked the box for frame rate limit with automatice detection. so the game itself runs fine in perfect sync. but its just the fmv seqeunces are all real choopy. ive tried ff7, ff8, ff9 and fonrt mission 3 and they are all the same. i have actuallly got the cds to run them off so they r not from isos or anything. im really thanking anyone in advance as i would love to see the fmv sequences run properly for the games i actually bought so they r not pirate copies! cheers and hope to hear from someone soon! :thumb:

·
Classic Games Lover
5,277 Posts
Hmmm, you can either install ForceASPI CDROM drivers or make an ISO of the game and play straightly from it. That should solve your problem :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hyuga said:
Hmmm, you can either install ForceASPI CDROM drivers or make an ISO of the game and play straightly from it. That should solve your problem :)
cheers for the info mate. but um im not sure how u make them into iso so i guess i will have to take the forceaspi option. but what is it and what does it do? cheers for the info! :emb: :thumb:

·
Classic Games Lover
5,277 Posts
You can make an ISO with some program for CD/DVD recording, I find the best are CloneCD and Alcohol 120%. Just put the CD with a game into your CD drive, run the program and select File->Read to File (CloneCD) or Image Making Wizard (Alcohol 120%), choose name for the ISO and its location. After awhile the process will be completed and you can run it in ePSXe by choosing File->Run ISO option or by using Mooby's CDR plugin.

ForceASPI is a suite of scripts which install ASPI Layer in Windows. You can read about it and download from this page: http://ngemu.com/psx/epsxe.php?action=tools

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hyuga said:
You can make an ISO with some program for CD/DVD recording, I find the best are CloneCD and Alcohol 120%. Just put the CD with a game into your CD drive, run the program and select File->Read to File (CloneCD) or Image Making Wizard (Alcohol 120%), choose name for the ISO and its location. After awhile the process will be completed and you can run it in ePSXe by choosing File->Run ISO option or by using Mooby's CDR plugin.

ForceASPI is a suite of scripts which install ASPI Layer in Windows. You can read about it and download from this page: http://ngemu.com/psx/epsxe.php?action=tools
wow cheers for the help its been real helpful! um well i tried installing the forceaspi which was successful but it didnt change the cut scene problem at all so ok thats out the window. but im going to try turning it into an iso. the thing is though i did use to have ff7 iso and it did the same with the cut scenes when i had an iso then. ok naughty me shudnt have had illegal copy :nono: but i got real one now! so i mean cheers for the help but i dont think turning into an iso will help neither cos it was like that when i had an iso. hmmm there must be something i done wrong with the settings. so sorry for asking for help i have actually figured out everything when using epsxe on my own but this has really peed me off! :hdbash: :cuss2: ive tried everything i can for a whole month but to no avail. cheers for the help though and if u can think of anything else it might be then please give us a shout! uve been brilliant so far! cheers! :thumb:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Have you tried using P.E.Op.S. or Pete's DX7 driver? the OpenGL2 driver tends to run slow on some cards.

As for making an ISO, this could really be your best option if you have the HDD space for it. Use one of the methods Hyuga mentioned and use the Run ISO menu option with your new, HOMEMADE ISO. Anything you download is prone to errors, so I would highly suggest making your own ISO image of the discs you are using.

Also, when using ISO images, it may help to defragment your hdd , both since your operating system will run faster, and because your image file will be read faster, and not spread out across several physical spans on your hdd. To defragment your hdd in Windows XP go to
Start->Run:dfrg.msc
Otherwise you can go to
Start->Programs->Accessories->System Tools->Disk Defragmenter
If you have Norton SystemWorks or Utilities, SpeedDisk does the same thing, with a few extra options, and some ppl say it runs faster...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cheers for all your help guys. well i ended up following both your advice and changing the games to an iso format. works like adream! but before that i tried fiddling with the cd rom settings. im using sapu and what i noticed was if i put the cache down to 0 then the fmv sequnces wud run a lot less choppier than if it was on high chache setting. but it was still jerky mind but not as much as before. but the iso has really sorted it all out so cheers once again!

·
Registered
183 Posts
I am certainly not encouraging ppl to download anything illegal. I don't do it, so why encourage others? ANYTHING you download, legal or not, is prone to errors. I disagree with piracy, but since he realizes it is wrong and corrected his mistake, I am not going to flame him for it nor congratulate him for it. Please understand my way of thinking is analytical, and I never in any way disregarded the forum rules. If there is further misunderstanding, I will reword my post or a mod can do it for me.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
bluekirby0 is right, fireblaster_lyz. just because he mentioned a downloaded ISO doesnt mean he broke the rules. he, in fact, was discouraging otherwise. so lay off him, ok? in fact, i've said for a long time now, even if Emuforums didnt care about piracy, i wouldnt support it, due to their bug ridden nature; in fact, i wonder how many problems are posted about here as a direct result of piracy (i.e., if everyone used a legit copy of the game, would there be as many threads)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey why dont u lay of bluekirby he was just helping me out. he only suggested for me to turn a game i legally own into an iso so it wud run better. he never told me to share this iso or sell it or anything so leave him alone ok. next time u try to go down a self riteous route make sure u have ur facts straight first. i myself know iso/pirate versions r wrong which is why i went and bought the real copies of my psx games and so does everyone else in this forum. yea i did have a priate copy but as bluekirby said i reliased my mistake and i nver do that anymore becase it is unfair on the developers who speand so many hours designing these games for our entertainment to be ripped off by pirate copies. :cuss2: anyay i just want to say thank you again blurekirby for ur help muchly appreciated! :thumb:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts