Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im thinking of buying a geforce2 mx500?(im pretty sure thats what it is im not sure what mx number it is)any way its 64 megs and its the pci version cause i dont have the agp slot i have intel82810e grraphics and they run most games decently so im not sure if the upgrade will make a differance the integrate graphics just use as much ram as it needs for video ram wich in turn Should be bogging me down but i dont know maybe im just tricked in the thinking my games look great cause i really havent seem much better do you rhink the upgrade is worh my $229 dollars canadian
around 140 U.S

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
Originally posted by Hung One
hi im thinking of buying a geforce2 mx500?(im pretty sure thats what it is im not sure what mx number it is)any way its 64 megs and its the pci version cause i dont have the agp slot i have intel82810e grraphics and they run most games decently so im not sure if the upgrade will make a differance the integrate graphics just use as much ram as it needs for video ram wich in turn Should be bogging me down but i dont know maybe im just tricked in the thinking my games look great cause i really havent seem much better do you rhink the upgrade is worh my $229 dollars canadian
around 140 U.S
Hmm... PCi? I suggest you save your money for a whole new system with a motherboard which has an AGP slot.. Then get the new graphics card..

·
Key To The Universe
2,712 Posts
I think that fivefeet8 is correct. PCI is much worse than AGP, and if you can get a new mobo with AGP, it will be the best. However, if you don't have the money for it, the Geforce is absolutely better than you integrated graphics.

btw, this should be moved to Hardware discussion.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah im thinking of getting a new mobo /vid card but that would drain my pitiful amounts of money i think i might need a new case cause mines made by gateway ill alos need a 300watt power supply for the athlon (no $$for p4) unless i get a coppermine p3 mobo but that is just limiting my future upgrades my 20 gig hd 2 network cards and 12x cd writer are all good enough to make the trip oh and cant forget the floppy also if the new board doesnt have integrated sound (but most do know i believe)ill need a new sound card too so thats why im thinking of the pci vid card my coppermine pIII 866 mhz and the integrated sound are good enough for now til im done shcool and makin the $$$

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
I would get the PCI card anyway's. And then wait to get something of great quality later when you are makin the cash. That's exactly what I'm doing.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I know the card you're talking about... it's so cheap that it would be ridiculous not to get it, especially considering what you're running now. I had the same chipset as you, and I thought it did OK, until I got the GF2 and I realized what I had been missing. Get the GF2 for now, and get a nice GF3 what you've got a job and whatnot.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes i think its a bit ridicousely overpriced at this store wher ei seen it not even the 229 i posted before i double checked and its $250 canadian dollars thats what i pay for rent every month god dammit they better give me a good deal if i buy it cause no one else probbaly will

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
this is a geforce 2 mx500? and 150$us is about 270 canadian so no it isnt worht paying $250can+tax for it i think im gonna save for the athlon 1.something/mobo/case/powersupply
christmas is soon but ate this age im lucky to get a little bit of money to put towrds it

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thats what the ??? were for im not sure i just seen it in the store and its the pci version thats what i noticed

·
Key To The Universe
2,712 Posts
Originally posted by rei_fox
how much is a gf3? $150 us dollars thats about.......
It really depends on where you live. Here in Brazil, it costs around R$1500-R$2000 in cheap stores, which means about US$800.

·
これはバタスです
6,338 Posts
$230 for a GeForce 2 MX 400 is WAY overpriced. The normal price for it is around $120. My GeForce 2 Pro cost me only $179 CDN and it's a high-end card. At any rate, I think it's worth the upgrade. A PCI is about 20% slower than an AGP version but it's much better than the integrated graphics on your mobo. If you don't see a new system coming any time soon then make the upgrade, but not for $230. That is just outrageous pricing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts