Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are sponsering a familer for xmas this year, and one of the kids in the family asked for a PS2 game (how ever he can afford a PS2 is beyond me). So we got a preowned copy of Gran Turisma 3 for the kid, brought it home, my father asked me to test it to make sure it worked, we openned it, it was empty. They guy even showed us it over the counter, then put the display copy in our bag. Wow my father was pissed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,441 Posts
Originally posted by Ryoga
We are sponsering a familer for xmas this year, and one of the kids in the family asked for a PS2 game (how ever he can afford a PS2 is beyond me). So we got a preowned copy of Gran Turisma 3 for the kid, brought it home, my father asked me to test it to make sure it worked, we openned it, it was empty. They guy even showed us it over the counter, then put the display copy in our bag. Wow my father was pissed.
whered you get it from? you could probably complain to the manager or something if you cant get a replacement.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,775 Posts
Tha last time I bought a PC, I had requested for a PIII 800, but I actually got a PIII 600. 200 Mhz slower in MS Train Simulator (it does make a difference). I got pissed as hell, reasonably. However, fortunatelly I was able to change it.

If you just discovered it, of course you may go and ask for a replacement. It's a right of yours.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we already complained, he called the moment he found out, the said we can exchange it, but man, that pisses us off, shouldn't of happenned. Got it at Electronics Botique
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,775 Posts
I sure does pisses off. I guess it's about anxiety; you're so willing to test and see the stuff right after buying it and arriving home, that opening the packing and not seeing the product you wanted is really crushing. Then, on most cases, you have to wait until the next day to go and change the stuff... it hurts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,812 Posts
The kid asked for a PS2? Damn... what ever happened to "beggars can't be choosers?" Even I'm not getting a PS2... Ok, so I am getting a P41.7/GF3, but still ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,307 Posts
Originally posted by Ryoga
Got it at Electronics Botique
That explains that. EB has a lot of problems recently. Didn't they have to go with the new system where none of the display cases have any games/software in it and it's all in the back?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by Asfaloth
The kid asked for a PS2? Damn... what ever happened to "beggars can't be choosers?" Even I'm not getting a PS2... Ok, so I am getting a P41.7/GF3, but still ;)
he didn't ask for a PS2, only PS2 games. Somehow he already owns a PS2, he is 18, so I htink he hasa job and bought it himself
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,307 Posts
Ryoga: Wait a second, he has a job and has a PS2, and yet he's still considered needy? Wow, with a designation like that, maybe I should apply for needy family status. -_-
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well, his family is still needy, prolly cuz thier house hold income is under 20k or something, with 2 kids, thats not enough.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,307 Posts
Originally posted by Ryoga
well, his family is still needy, prolly cuz thier house hold income is under 20k or something, with 2 kids, thats not enough.
Ah, well at least that isn't as gross as you initially made it sound. That still seems quite a bit less needy than most of the qualified families around here, though. Heck, most of the people out in the country are lucky to make even that much.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,812 Posts
> Heck, most of the people out in the country are lucky to make even that much.

Or have a house, for that matter. We sponsored a family for Christmas. They live in a shelter. The mom (no father) asked for winter clothes and educational material. PS2 games? Jeez... kinda ass-holeish if you ask me, considering how many people couldn't afford a PS2 controller.
 

·
playing FGO
Joined
·
10,133 Posts
Originally posted by Ryos
Ryoga: Wait a second, he has a job and has a PS2, and yet he's still considered needy? Wow, with a designation like that, maybe I should apply for needy family status. -_-
Only in America, I'd say. :p I guess we're still considered as "needy" over there. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well I live in Massachussetts, we also have one of the highest minumum wages around too (other than CA) whats everyone elses state's min wages? Ours is $6.75
 

·
8+ Years
Joined
·
2,796 Posts
I was pissed when my dad bought me a Pentium 4 instead of Athlon. I had to buy athlon with my own money. :(
 

·
playing FGO
Joined
·
10,133 Posts
Originally posted by ToM_E
I was pissed when my dad bought me a Pentium 4 instead of Athlon. I had to buy athlon with my own money. :(
so why not sell that rig and buy a new one? :confused:
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top