Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Pretty cool, considering they were originally black and white. If you read on, you'll find out that they have been digitally colorized.

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,358 Posts
Cool. Thanks for the link.

Yours,
-Elly

·
User addicted to Diazepam
4,744 Posts
Those are awsome pictures..
The tecnology they have used to color those pictures must be great..

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Still amazing shots, it brings in a whole new perspective to old war pictures. Usually its hard to relate when they are old scratchy black and white photos.

·
Some Scottish Guy
4,276 Posts
I love the funky uniforms they used the the Great War. The French wore blue, the Germans had those cool helmets.

I like the colouring, but the premise of colourising photos like this is kind of Orwellian.

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Well WWI is forgotten because everybody wants to forget it... WWII got the thing done, WWI was just playing around and killing each other while laying in god damn pits... Also, WWI was cruel than WWII, so no-one wants to remember it...

Good pics though...

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
I would have to say it's because there are still people who experienced WW2 and would talk about it where the survivors of WW1 are dead or too young to recall it when it happened

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
My dad is such a person, he likes to read about WWII, knows alot about that period of time :)

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Those pictures aren't digitally colored, they're actual color photos, shot by the French using one of the earliest kinds of color film.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts