Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my WoW collectors edition today. I think it was well worth the extra money. The picture shows everything that came in the box.

1.10 Day Guest Pass for WoW
2.WoW DVD Game Disk
3.Instruction Manual
4.WoW Soundtrack
5.WoW CD Game Disks (4 of them)
6.Cloth Map of the WoW
7.The Box It All Came In
8.Behind The Scenes DVD
9.The Art Of WoW

I will get a WoW novel for preordering, but forgot to pick it up when I got the game. The box also has a mail-in rebate for $10 off of BFG 6800 / $20 off of BFG 6800 GT / $30 off of 6800 Ultra. I'm not going to activate my account until I get back from PA, but when I get back if anyone who bought the game wants to hook up just let me know.

·
Be The One
37 Posts
Wow, very nice. I'm still deciding whether I should get it or not. I still have FFXI but that is getting somewhat old so I might get WoW for Christmas. How is it gameplay wise?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought it was really good during the stress test beta, but I could barely play with the lag from the open beta on my dial-up. I was impressed enough to buy it though, and I'm usually pretty cheap :lol:

·
Registered
10,223 Posts
yeah, if i was ever gonna pay for an online game this would definately be it... im still however in the phase of deciding whether i will get it... plus i have projects now, and ofcourse all those new games that came out recently to play

·
Heretic
2,766 Posts
I played in closed beta for 4 months and had a lvl 52 Night Elf rogue. I preordered the collectors edition a few weeks ago and I'll be be picking it up tomorrow. I can't wait.

·
aka. "Kr0nic_2000"
2,165 Posts
collectors edition is awsome and was so worth the extra money. the extra pet ingame seems to be quite usless, just a novelty pet.

the gameplay is really good, lots of quests to keep you busy also with the pvp bonus. its a really well built game with no real bugs to make it unbalanced. today tho the server we were playing on got totally jammed (archimonde pvp central) its supposed to be the main pvp server for the "elite" guilds. the queue ups to log in reached 1500 today where as the other pvp servers were well under 50 or had none. so im still deciding which server to join.

not much lag on my side of the game. one thing i liked about this game is you dont need <100 latency to play it properly. anything under 300 seems to be fine, which is awsome cause i can BT and play at the same time

my collectors edition set <3 got it first day it came out

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
I'm not too sure when I'll be able to start playing, but I'll be there sometime around Christmas. This is, without a doubt, the best MMO, or for that matter online game, I've ever played. And I got my CE too. All the people selling these for $300+ on eBay can go to hell. :p

As for the gameplay, it's hard to describe without experiencing it for yourself. It's fast-paced, fun. It's one of the few games where you can play for like 16 hours in a row and not notice (and...erm...I know this from personal experience :emb: ). In other words, it is pretty much exactly the opposite of what you'd expect from an MMO.

DAMN IT, I WANT TO PLAY IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111111

Anyway, I still haven't decided whether to go with Horde or Alliance, but apparently a lot of the people I'm planning to play with are going Alliance. Man. And I love shamans so much. :p

Edit: Welcome to MMORPGs! :p

·
Crotally Tazy
4,582 Posts
I played the beta, and I REALLY want to play the retail but $15 a month is just too much for me. Not to mention its difficult to buy the game here and its reload cards... for now. :(

You guys really make me green with envy.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Evil_Neko said:
I want to play it as well but its not the price for me its the fear of lag because I use dial up
Hopefully the lag is like it was on the first stress test (there was none) and not like it was on the open beta (The lag on open beta was happening to everyone though, not just dial-up users). Once I try it out I'll let you know how the lag is, because I'm on dial-up as well.

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Well, dial-up and WoW tend not to be a problem simply because you don't need a low latency in order to play without really noticing speed drops (as Auri87 already mentioned). As long as your computer itself is decent, you should be able to play the game just fine. Although right now, there's a question of if you're going to be lucky enough to play without lag (heck, play at all) regardless of your connection. Hopefully in a week or two the BS Blizzard is using to "minimize" lag will no longer be lagging the heck out of the servers. :p

·
Registered
77 Posts
lol just reading this thread really makes me want to play this game and i've not even seen any videos of it or anything, I can't afford to play it though :(

·
aka. "Kr0nic_2000"
2,165 Posts
Right now the lag is HORRIBLE on most of the servers. There are queue ups up to 1500 on the major ones and the item/npc lag is just unbearable (5 minute spikes). Some servers are undergoing maitenence right now, the ones that have finished already seem to have no more major lag spikes. Blizzard has also added about 10 more servers since the retail got released so thats good. The noob quest areas are still really crowded but they should clear up in a few days. I guess it was just a bad idea for them to open servers on a thanksgiving weekend >.>

If theres anyone else sitting in Q and bored, heres something to pass the time for ya =p http://www.leagueofpirates.com/sirvival/queuedance.html

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
We launched with 41 servers in the U.S. yesterday, and we are bringing up an additional 34 servers today to accommodate the influx of players.
Gosh, talk about not utilizing your full capacity. -_-

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm still waiting for the European open beta (if they will be having one) to decide if I should buy the game or not. Back in 0.9.1 (First stress test) the game was a lot of fun and it ran really well. During one of the recent patches however they added some new code making me, along with thousands of others crash randomly every 2-5 minutes.

Sadly, Europeans like me will have to wait a few more months before we can pick this great game up. Although, I think I'll wait until they fix the crash bugs before buying it.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts