Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before anyone cries NDA, the NDA for screenshots expired a while back and we can post them freely now. Been in beta for like 3 months now, Hopefully game gets shipped mid november like I am hoping.

First I will start with Horde side pictures.

The main reason for posting these is for Demigod and Badaro. ^^

ALl shots take @ 4xAA/16x AF, Blah blah 1024x768 ect ect.

·
Premium Member
6,338 Posts
Those are some pretty good shots. The game certainly looks good. I see some familiar things (some of the icons at the bottom) as well as a lot of new things. I think Blizzard's got a real winner on their hands with WoW.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
I'm not very impressed. I hate the Warcraft 3 look they gave it.

·
Thinking outside the box
1,570 Posts
omfg i soooo wanna have the beta to :( cursed blizzard >.<

what are the system reqs for the game ? And any news about mountly fee ? heard it was 12 EU wich imo sounds pretty exspensive...

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Sephiroth[TR] said:
omfg i soooo wanna have the beta to :( cursed blizzard >.<

what are the system reqs for the game ? And any news about mountly fee ? heard it was 12 EU wich imo sounds pretty exspensive...
That's the price for pretty much every MMORPG.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I've been in the beta for about 3 months also, you people can stop whining cuz the open beta is in like probably a week or two

·
Thinking outside the box
1,570 Posts
Valcrist said:
I've been in the beta for about 3 months also, you people can stop whining cuz the open beta is in like probably a week or two
bleh i didnt got mail :( so no beta for me again..

12 eu uuuuuhh no wonder i never played a mmorpg....

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sephiroth[TR] said:
bleh i didnt got mail :( so no beta for me again..

12 eu uuuuuhh no wonder i never played a mmorpg....

Eh? they havent even had signups. Open Beta will be like 1 week. Then the game is going Live. Vivendi is really pushing them for a release mid november.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I thought I heard somewhere Blizzard was (or going to be) free from the hands of evil Vivendi.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
If they go live in November I will be pissed, cuz it isn't ready IMO its REALLY GOOD, but there are a few major problems that need to be resolved, example warlocks are way to overpowerd, and need a few nerfs :p, that and pallys need a good overhall, but they are working on that.

·
Thinking outside the box
1,570 Posts
ChrisRay said:
Eh? they havent even had signups. Open Beta will be like 1 week. Then the game is going Live. Vivendi is really pushing them for a release mid november.
i think i signed up twice for something from beta.. lost track of it.. been awhile to :/

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Valcrist said:
If they go live in November I will be pissed, cuz it isn't ready IMO its REALLY GOOD, but there are a few major problems that need to be resolved, example warlocks are way to overpowerd, and need a few nerfs :p, that and pallys need a good overhall, but they are working on that.

I think the game is ready for live. More ready than any release mmiorpg I have ever played. if it Doesnt go Live in mid November I will be disapointed.

Most of these problems can be fixed in just a few patches, And from a typical mmorpg standpoint. If they arent done in the next 2 weeks they'll be done the first week its out.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I can't wait for it to be out. I didn't get into the closed beta, but I played the stress test and it was the best MMORPG I had ever played. The only thing that concerns me is if patches will continue to be as large as the ones during beta, since I'm only on dial-up.

·
I Burnt The Toast!
1,493 Posts
I'd say it's about a good month from really being ready for even open beta, and I'm not just sayin that cuzz I wanna play it free for that much longer, but it acctualy could use it. Some classes don't have many of their spells/talents yet, and there is some needed polish to be done aswell. However, seeing as how Vivendi is involved in it, it will probly get one more patch to fix a few of the more major issues, then booted out the door. Open beta is soon, and yes it will probly only be like a week long, not the 3 weeks to a month it probly should be.

Other then that this game is by far the best beta I have been in (SWG, L2, Planetside, GCII, U2:XMP, etc..) by a long shot. I wanted to get into the EQII beta aswell but that didn't happen, but it's going live in like 2 weeks anyway so I'll play the free month of it, and see how it stacks up against WoW. So far in play time it's taken me just over 36 hours to get my char up to lvl29, which is basicly the 1/2 way point (cap is 60). Not bad, considering L2 was alot more then that to just get to lvl20, but apples to ornges I know. Thats agood thing In my mind however, as I get bored with/beat games very quickly, and the faster I level, the better IMO. Let's me play more classes and such in a shorter time.

Kinda sucks, but I agree with it, there is goin to be a wipe in WoW as I hear it when open starts up. Thats a good thing I think, as it puts everyone on a fresh slate, to tune out all the nasties. Besides, the player that have been in closed for some time now will rocket right back up anyway.

Never before have I acctualy wanted to pay for any MMO game, this will be the first.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have actually opted against buying this game. Its mainly for Role Play reasons, I really dislike the barrier between the horde and alliance, No possibility for communication hurts its RP value IMO.

Other than that its a good game. But I just believe despite Everquest 2's much more buggier desigfn (For now) Its class/faction system will have much more potential for Role Play.

·
Souless Angel
900 Posts
mmm roleplay..

You said it there Chris. I'm going to be disappointed with that. I love rping in mmorpg's.

L2 had great potential for RPing, but lack of motivation with players and story just ruined it for me. I was hoping WoW would be a RP paradise with it's rich history and past games. I guess I'll try it out for myself and see.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts