Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Not in the case of the emulator's out currently...and probably not in the future.

While largely the Neon 250 is the same as whats in the Dreamcast, there are some differences...which would likely make for quicker emulator creation...but the issue is that card is near nonexistent...so Emu Authors are not writing for it...so it has no support.

So get a newer GeForce or Radeon...and forget the Neon.

·
クロスエクス
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL, I ain't gonna buy one. I almost did, but bought a Voodoo4 instead.
I didn't have a clue back then, I just bought the prettier box. XD

I was just thinking, that in theory, if that old card could be able to archieve
a near perfect emulation when the latest Radeon/GeForce cannot.

But then, it was barely able to compete with a Voodoo3, so I guess it would
have worked ok only in native resolution and all. While with new cards, you can
use high AA and AF which makes NullDC games look quite pretty.

·
Registered
95 Posts
If I recall the voodoo 4-5 had some guy with half his face burned off or something like that. ;)

Hehe I did own its older brother, though that was back in the day of Frankenstein systems. I had the PowerVR by Matrox, Voodoo2 in SLI by 3dfx, and lastly for some sort of 2D...a Diamond's Stealth II S220.

Anyways remember that Sega did pick the PowerVR over the Voodoo for the Dreamcast as both NEC and 3dfx where gunning for the contract.

Which I was bummed about...being an avid 3dfx fanboy at the time...course all I had seen at the time where games designed for standard rendering being hacked to support PowerVR...don't think I ever seen one that was actually designed at the time from the ground up to support the PowerVR...that said even the last minute support some games got for the PowerVR most of them ran very well. Hehe which at the time was 45fps for a single card.

Anyways just rambling. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.