Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty, lets see. First, I used to use epsxe on my old (crappy dell) system, and after much tinkering (much thanks to this forum!) finally got it started. However, now I'm on a BETTER machine with 512 RAM and a GeForce FX. Compared to my last machine which had half the RAM and onboard graphics, this comp is godly.

HOWEVER

Everytime I start epsxe (both 1.60 and 1.52) I get immedialty prompted with 'WNASPI32.dll is missing' error. Yes, I've reinstalled the app several times and it has never fixed anything. I can run through configs and all that fun stuff just fine, but as far as actually launching a game goes...I get flat out black screened. So, mighty gods of the forum, lend me your aide once more!

·
Premium Member
6,403 Posts
Those plugin packs come with a bunch of outdated plugins, many of which can cause problems (Thunk 32->16 Connecting Failed was one I used to get a long time ago). Clear out all the plugins in the plugins folder and get these:

Graphics: Pete's OpenGL2 plugin is a good choice, unless you're running a FX 5200. Use Pete's OpenGL plugin as an alternative (in the Pete's GPU Plugins link). For troubleshooting or for 2D games, use P.E.Op.S. soft GPU.

Sound: I personally recommend Eternal SPU, however, P.E.Op.S. does work better with certain games and some people prefer its sound. I think Eternal sounds more accurate, it definitely does with FF7.

CD: Get either SaPu's or Xeven's plugins if you want a simple interface. They even autoconfigure for you. If you want lots of settings to mess around with (which can get you better performance), use P.E.Op.S. Since you have ForceASPI installed, it doesn't matter if you use ASPI or IOCTL modes with the CD plugins. If you're using ISOs and your game uses CDDA sound (the kind that you can play on any standard CD player), use Mooby's ISO plugin.

Using those plugins will let you do pretty much anything you want/need to do with ePSXe, without the bloat and problems that a plugin pack has.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.