Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my wisdom teeth cut out this morning.. ouch. They had to put all kinds of stitches and stuff in my mouth, it's so hard to drink soda, and I can't eat solid food for a week. :(

On the positive side, I was totally drugged up so I don't remember anything except being in bed with a hurting mouth. They said I tried to dance in the office when it was all over with.. haha, I don't remember a thing. :lol:

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Not even that hot assistance babe ;)

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
They said I was bleeding all over the place and laughing when I was getting my teeth removed. Fun. :p

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Nel said:
They said I was bleeding all over the place and laughing when I was getting my teeth removed. Fun. :p
LOL, you sure have a strange sense of humor :p

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cid Highwind said:
Not even that hot assistance babe ;)
How did you know?!

Man she was steaming hot.. She happened to be the one that helped me get to my car and witnessed me "dancing". :emb:

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
When I had my wisdom teeth taken out, I was so drugged up they had to wheel me out of the office in a wheel chair. Then I slept and bled for about 5 hours. It sucked.

·
Administrator
8,200 Posts
lol i got my 3 wisdom teeth pulled out (didnt have the fourth one) and it wasnt that bad except that she shot me so many times cuz i kept feeling her needle thingy :p
i made it look painfull as hell cuz my brother was getting his pulledout 2 weeks after :evil:

·
Registered
845 Posts
Is it common to have wisdom teeth taken out? One of mine is growing the wrong way in the wrong place, but my dentist isn't bothered. I can feel it in the roof of my mouth - it's too far foward :p Never mind

·
Administrator
8,200 Posts
moomoomoo said:
Is it common to have wisdom teeth taken out? One of mine is growing the wrong way in the wrong place, but my dentist isn't bothered. I can feel it in the roof of my mouth - it's too far foward :p Never mind
it is very common now. if it is growing in the wrong direction i suggest you have them removed since it could cause damage to your other teeth. my dentist recommends having them removed

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, it can cause major problems if they come in wrong.. 90% of people will require them to be removed, according to studies. I'd ask him to check it out if I were you, before something serious happens (such as a Tumor).

Mine haven't came in yet, but my dentist said it would be best to get them taken out given my dental history (I was born with crooked, overbitten teeth :p).

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
I had mine out when I was 17. They froze the area and out they came. It was nothing.:p A little sore afterwards, but really not too bad.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
My friend had 5 wisdom teeth taken out, because there was a fifth one growing somewhere in the upper-front of his mouth above some of his other teeth. Genetic defect?

·
Registered
210 Posts
I am 20 and i have 3 so far, I know one i will definitely need to take care of cuz it feels as if its growing upside down lol and the other two are fine but one has seems to be a trouble maker, its a pin to brush it. I will take care of them as soon as i possibly can.

·
Registered
845 Posts
cooliscool said:
Yeah, it can cause major problems if they come in wrong.. 90% of people will require them to be removed, according to studies. I'd ask him to check it out if I were you, before something serious happens (such as a Tumor).

Mine haven't came in yet, but my dentist said it would be best to get them taken out given my dental history (I was born with crooked, overbitten teeth :p).
Tumor? Eek. :p The problem I have is that my dentist always says he'll retire next year (which he's been saying for 5 years), making him lazy. If he can avoid doing work, he does. I probably needed braces on my lower jaw, never had them though.. I question his sanity. :D

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Captain said:
My friend had 5 wisdom teeth taken out, because there was a fifth one growing somewhere in the upper-front of his mouth above some of his other teeth. Genetic defect?
Same exact thing that happened to me. Right above my front middle tooth. I'm still numb up there, which is the main cause of trouble drinking/eating. :p

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I was under general anesthesia(sp?) and walked out after the operation. I went home and slept off the drugs and the next day I stopped using the pain meds and I was under no pain. Overall a good experience.

No, there were no hot chicks with this, but with my orthodontist, I took pleasure in the nurses that tell me to turn my head toward them and then they proceed to plaster my face into their breasts :D

·
Registered
833 Posts
I should've never read this thread. I gotta get my wisdom teeth out too. I think i been putting it for 2 years now. One question does your face puff up and how long will it stay that way? The only reason im taking them out b/c my denist said they will mess up my teeth since there crooked wisdom teeth. Also i don't want to mess up my teeth b/c there finally straight after five years of wearing braces.

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
moomoomoo said:
Most people have to remove their wisdom teeth. I'd to remove all four of mine.

Wisdom teeth are an evolutionary relic from our hunter-gatherer past. They're useless for modern humans, so there's no problem in removing them...

·
Administrator
8,200 Posts
INCA said:
I should've never read this thread. I gotta get my wisdom teeth out too. I think i been putting it for 2 years now. One question does your face puff up and how long will it stay that way? The only reason im taking them out b/c my denist said they will mess up my teeth since there crooked wisdom teeth. Also i don't want to mess up my teeth b/c there finally straight after five years of wearing braces.
you look like a hamster for about 2-3 days :p
funny stuff
use ice to try and keep the swelling down

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
All these people with there teeth being pulled out. I had some tooth pulled out awhile ago 2-3 years don't remember if it was wisdom tooth though maybe that's why it didn't hurt much, but I do remember I was under some heavy anethesiact.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts