Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WIPEOUT
-has problems with the speed of the game slowing in some part of tracks and then running to fast in other parts, this is NOT a case fo it not running fast enough overall or too slow overall, just a case of the speed fluctuating up and down erractically. any suggestions? do any other games do this?

WIPEOUT 2097/XL
-perfect apart from some annoying slowdown on last 2 tracks.

WIPEOUT 3
-perfect :)

just thought i would let you know. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there, saw your slight problem regarding the speed issue with wipeout. I too had them, so i thought id share a solution with you. Im using Petes D3D 1.50
right here goes.
USE FPS LIMIT = on ( or ticked )
AUTO DETECT FP = on
the goto SPECIAL GAME FIXES and turn on
USE PC FPS CALCULATION.
These settings work great no speed up or slow down just smooth wipeout action. Might sort out your wipeout 2097 problem too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx for the help. :)

I tried what you suggested, but unfortuantely the problem is still persisting.

Whats interesting is if you turn the FPS counter on so it shows up on the screen (in petes D3D 1.50), it says a steady 60 fps, but the speed of the game still fluctuates, which seems to be a contradiction to me, so this must mean although the FPS is steady the actual CPU SPEED is fluctuating (??? just guessing here!).

At 60 fps it runs too slow in reality. Ie if you look at the in-game clock 1 minute on the racing clock in wipeout actually takes about 1 minute 15 seconds in real time.

Accordingly, If i increase the FPS limit at 80 fps the game then is close to 1 minute "wipeout " time = 1 minute real time, BUT there is STILL the problem of some part of the course running too slow and the some parts running really fast.

The problems with wipeout 2097/XL are particuarly weird because the first six tracks are absoultely perfect and there is just this strange isolated slowdown on tracks 7 and 8.

I am wondering if its somethign to do with the CDR plugin

I am really writing all this for the programmers to test, so i hope they notice this post :) I am studying for a major in computer science, so i find all this stuff interesting, but i am not an expert programmer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts