1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
Last weekend, I tested ePSXe with Wipeout 3 Special Edition:
ePSXe 1.7.0
All plugins are default, Video plugin I used was Pete's DXD(not sure about the name)
Hardware Specs:
Athlone 64 X2 4600+ @ 2.52GHz
ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro(Display Driver: 9.2)
WinXP Sp3

Game runs smoothly with maxed Video settings, on some tracks however(Sagarmatha, Gare D'Europe) I noticed some slowdowns, but that could be my Comp's fault. The only glitches are the position notification on the HUD which is barely noticable.
Sound also plays, but here are the 1st bugs: BGM Volume cannot be scaled down, it seems that it's volume is set at maximum, scaling it down doesn't work, except you set it o "off". SFX is very silent even on max, but this could be because of the BGM bug.
Another Bug are the controls, Wipeout 3 is the only game running in ePSXe which cannot recognize the analog Controller(I'm using the Dualshock 2 controller since my old one is broken). Other Games do not have that bug. When using the pSX Emulator for Wipeout 3, the analog function works, so it must be a problem within ePSXe.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
wipeout3 does'nt recognise analogue on port 1, thats a known bug.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
the background music is probably caused by the AMD Clock generator issues,

Install the dual core optimiser, or force epsxe to afinity 0.
and make sure the memory amount is defined in the opengl plugins (the d3d plugin is plagued with issues on ATI cards)

·
twentyninetyseven
602 Posts
wipeout3 does'nt recognise analogue on port 1, thats a known bug.
I thoughts so. It'll be hopefully fixed in the next version along with the BGM problem...
the bug occurs even on a ps1 console - not epsxe's fault, the fix is:

in the games main menu > load, then 'controller' > control port & press 'exit' this somehow loads the analogue driver. you have to do this every time you start the game.

i thought psygnosis fixed this [& other bugs] in special edition though?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts