Next Generation Emulation banner

Wipeout 2097 - problem with audio

3K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  dbhankins 
#1 ·
with this game i can't hear anithing of audio, e hear a problem with the music but i hear the effect
how i can solve this problem?

#2 ·
Make an image of the disk, use Mooby2 (no special options), and in ePSXe options make sure these are turned on:

Enable Sound
Enable MDEC XA
Enable CDDA

Of course these settings are for WipEout XL, the NTSC/US version of WipEout 2097. You could also go hunting for the PC version of the game - I believe it's the only one in the series with a PC port.

Dan

#3 ·
No don't buy the PC version unless you have an old computer!!

I tried running a demo of it on a Celeron 4 2.8 Ghz Windows XP. The game only just runs in 'compatibility mode' and it runs too fast. Imagine racing in 'Phantom' but twice as fast!

Also, theres no support for modern USB joypads

#10 ·
You can do one of following things:
1. Put your phones/speakers cable into CDROM drive's jack port.
2. Connect your soundcard with CDROM drive with proper cable.
3. Make an ISO and play from it by using Mooby's CDROM plugin (like dbhankins said).

If you're unable to do anything from the above, then you should give up messing with emulation and learn something about computers first :> Or stick to playing on PSX/PS2.

#13 ·
It's possible the image you downloaded off the Internet doesn't include the music data, depending on how it was ripped.

Since WipEout 2097 is the UK/European title (the US one was WipEout XL), that probably means you're in the UK or on the continent. WipEout 2097 can be had used from amazon.co.uk for as little as £2.00GBP, and there are 8 of them there, so it's not exactly rare. The US shop has 15 of them starting at $9.00USD.

Buy one, make an ISO of it with Alcohol 120% (CCD option), and then play it with Mooby's CDR plugin. You'll get the music. Even if you don't, you'll have a disk you can play on your PS2.

Dan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.