Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Schoolboy-type guy
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As byuu say in him homepage byuu's homepage 5 days of hard work and now one of my favourite super nes emulators boot Super FX carts

For those of you saying "finally", I should note this was only about five days worth of work :p
Now please don't start bugging me incessantly about ST011 / ST018 support :p

Do note that only Starfox and Vortex are running fully at the moment. Still trying to track down a serious bug somewhere. Assuming I'm successful, cache emulation should finish things off.
Also, many thanks to GIGO for his SuperFX emulator source (I wrote the module myself, used his source as a cleanroom reference — not that it matters); and _Demo_ for telling me how to fix the polygons in Starfox. Couldn't have done this without their help.
lack only super gameboy adapter and 64 bit built to make this emu perfect :D

· Banned
35,081 Posts
uh? and byuu is proud of this because?

SnesGT has been capable of this for in the latest beta for months now....

· Registered
1,231 Posts
uh? and byuu is proud of this because?

SnesGT has been capable of this for in the latest beta for months now....
Is SnesGT open-source, multi-OS and cycle accurate, with a clean implementation? If not, better stop comparing apples to oranges :p

As of the general thread, hell, I love byuu's work, more keeping in mind it's him who discovered many of the corner cases of the SNES hardware unknown to date :)

· Banned
35,081 Posts
:p i meant why is he all pridin over this when hes helped the snesgt guys implement it in the first place :p

· Registered
1,231 Posts
:p i meant why is he all pridin over this when hes helped the snesgt guys implement it in the first place :p
He clearly stated that he used the source given as a clean-room, he didn't just copy the module. As you may known, inserting code into an emulator, more in one that is quite different from all the previously coded, isn't a matter of minutes/hours.

· Banned
76 Posts
Its a chip N put in the SNES cart to help with displaying polygons ,

Star fox/wing was mind blowing when it first came out, still remember the secret meteor with the face you go to that whacked out secret dimension , awesome bosses also

· Registered
31 Posts
First google match: next time search before asking, so you really show you got educated to some degree.
Why can't he just ask? This is a discussion forum about emulation and gaming hardware tech or people are just here to post things like, great job, nice work, i just downloaded... I mean, this is a fair question, I think you're being too rude with him!

· Premium Member
19,572 Posts
Why can't he just ask? This is a discussion forum about emulation and gaming hardware tech or people are just here to post things like, great job, nice work, i just downloaded... I mean, this is a fair question, I think you're being too rude with him!
Seconded :thumb: exactly what i was about to post. while i agree with shashClp at some point i still don´t see the need to be rude as it is normal for people to ask... he´s probably lazy..who knows but at least he asked here and for that reason i don´t see why he should be attacked nor why should we be rude to him. sometimes what is crystal clear to us isn´t clear to others... that doesn´t mean they are dumb tho.

· Registered
1,231 Posts
Because it's poluting the forum with questions better answered with google. If he asked about how bsnes works, I'd say it's a good question, but as a rule of thumb, everything that google can answer better (and more important, faster and more concisely) shouldn't be asked on a forum.

· Registered
668 Posts
Because it's poluting the forum with questions better answered with google. If he asked about how bsnes works, I'd say it's a good question, but as a rule of thumb, everything that google can answer better (and more important, faster and more concisely) shouldn't be asked on a forum.
Forgive my inproper question, o Mighty one, I`ll mind from now for not asking those "poluting" questions... I`ve felt like in the hospital if I ask a doctor how I feel he will tell me: READ THAT BOOK OF ANATOMY INSTEAD OF POLUTING THE HOSPITALS!

· Registered
1,231 Posts
Forgive my inproper question, o Mighty one, I`ll mind from now for not asking those "poluting" questions... I`ve felt like in the hospital if I ask a doctor how I feel he will tell me: READ THAT BOOK OF ANATOMY INSTEAD OF POLUTING THE HOSPITALS!
It's fun seeing you resort to reductio ad absurdum whenever you've no arguments. Learn to write and use google, and make us all a favor, thanks.

· Hentai Guy...
134 Posts
It's fun seeing an Emu author with 500 point iQ and GOD like computer skill act like an 11 years old brat.....

I rarely to post in this forum, but your "always right" attitude kinda make me sick. Its true that people better find the answer from google first, but its not entirely wrong to ask a question thats still had connection with a subject. Its true heatblazer is lazy or "polluting" if you say so, but its also true You are being rude. A small apology wouldnt hurt, but I guess youre too arrogant for that. And yes english is not my native language, do not bother to ask me learn write and speak english.

· Registered
668 Posts
It's fun seeing an Emu author with 500 point iQ and GOD like computer skill act like an 11 years old brat.....

I rarely to post in this forum, but your "always right" attitude kinda make me sick.
Thanx, but don`t mess with these no-lives... they care all about some binary and some pointless-they-only-know stuff :D A true coder never responds like that, they have dignity and pride and are open to share with lesser ppl like us...
Kudos for @ruantec for his skills aswell his kindness :thumb:

· Registered
1,231 Posts

I rarely to post in this forum, but your "always right" attitude kinda make me sick. Its true that people better find the answer from google first, but its not entirely wrong to ask a question thats still had connection with a subject. Its true heatblazer is lazy or "polluting" if you say so, but its also true You are being rude. A small appology wouldnt hurt, but I guess youre too arrogant for that. And yes english is not my native language, do not bother to ask me learn write and speak english.
Yes, I know that I'm rude, but I don't have to apologize to state the obvious which most people think. And I didn't brat like a 11 year old, just stated the obvious without any lies involved neither saying my point was the truth: no one gave a good argument to say my one was wrong.

Let me give you an example, if someone said: wikipedia explanation is too complex, and he probably won't understand, then I'd say I was wrong and asking on a forum was the right solution. But just claiming that he's lazy and we have to respect that... It's an empty argument to say something good about it.

· Registered
668 Posts
Well I trust most of the ppl here, so that`s why I asked here, not in Wiki. I am not lazy, I just respect their points of view and their explanations, because I am social. "Social" is a word, which is probably unknown to you, aswell "friendship" or "humans" :D

· Registered
1,231 Posts
Thanx, but don`t mess with these no-lives... they care all about some binary and some pointless-they-only-know stuff :D A true coder never responds like that, they have dignity and pride and are open to share with lesser ppl like us...
Kudos for @ruantec for his skills aswell his kindness :thumb:
I've lots of friends, a girlfriend (for over 5 years) and have traveled over the world several times. I'm versed on literature and several other stuff besides computer engineering, so better guess again, loser. You talking about coders is like monkeys talking about spaceships: you don't have the slightest clue about what you're talking, still it's fun to see how ridiculous it is. And I known the words "social", "friendship" and "humans", their dictionary and real life meanings, because my brain and social life works, which yours obviously isn't.

· Premium Member
19,572 Posts
I've lots of friends, a girlfriend (for over 5 years) and have traveled over the world several times. I'm versed on literature and several other stuff besides computer engineering, so better guess again, loser. You talking about coders is like monkeys talking about spaceships: you don't have the slightest clue about what you're talking, still it's fun to see how ridiculous it is. And I known the words "social", "friendship" and "humans", their dictionary and real life meanings, because my brain and social life works, which yours obviously isn't.
mmmm don´t get me wrong shashClp but i think you´re showing nothing but arrogance and even going to a very low level for that post to me... a intellectual person which you claim to be doesn´t let situations like that go overboard. in fact our Status as "Emu Authors" and our coding skills doesn´t make us better than any other user here. we all are just lovers of this comunity and each of us contribute in his/her own way.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.