Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting it tommarow (that is if my mom hasen't already gotten my stuff again :mad: ). I wanted to know what everybody thinks of it so far.

P.S - Tommarow is also DDR day! Hahaha! And i'm going out to Get 'Advance Wars' for my cool little GBA. :lol:

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
If you bored old stlye of windows and want some colorful
And fear to not experiment and serch for XP driver and competible problem.Go for XP..............

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
ugh.. thanks for making me remember about the drivers, I guess i'll get them now before it's too late. I remember when I tried to use Win98 on my computer right when I got it (it came loaded with WinME) and I found out that the drivers that came with my computer didn't work AT ALL with Win98!!!

"No rest for the DDRFREAKS" they say.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Originally posted by Asz
ugh.. thanks for making me remember about the drivers, I guess i'll get them now before it's too late. I remember when I tried to use Win98 on my computer right when I got it (it came loaded with WinME) and I found out that the drivers that came with my computer didn't work AT ALL with Win98!!!

"No rest for the DDRFREAKS" they say.
Ummm...WinXp has almost all drivers (Or versions that work) built in. I didn't have to search for any, it detected and installed even my off brand telepath modem.
Thats one of the good points about XP!, like win2k it supports almost every peice of hardware.

·
Lost in Time
2,289 Posts
Originally posted by dpence

Ummm...WinXp has almost all drivers (Or versions that work) built in. I didn't have to search for any, it detected and installed even my off brand telepath modem.
Thats one of the good points about XP!, like win2k it supports almost every peice of hardware.
Yeah, "almost"
Try to run Glide apps when you first install it.
And when you get drivers that may work, sometimes they shut the system down completely with a blue (yes it's still blue) screen of death.

·
Registered
965 Posts
That's because there's no decent 3dfx drivers for the said platform.

Drivers included in the OS are meant for minimal functionality.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Originally posted by Fou-lu

Yeah, "almost"
Try to run Glide apps when you first install it.
And when you get drivers that may work, sometimes they shut the system down completely with a blue (yes it's still blue) screen of death.
We still DO have it in WinXP... which may be considered out-of-line for an OS with this potential...

·
Lost in Time
2,289 Posts
Originally posted by CD
That's because there's no decent 3dfx drivers for the said platform.

Drivers included in the OS are meant for minimal functionality.
I know, very minimal. Not even OpenGl works. And D3D is somewhat sh*tty.

·
Lost in Time
2,289 Posts
Originally posted by Death Metal

We still DO have it in WinXP... which may be considered out-of-line for an OS with this potential...
What? The drivers that come with Xp DON'T support Glide in any way.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Originally posted by Fou-lu

What? The drivers that come with Xp DON'T support Glide in any way.
I meant: we still DO have "the blue deathy" screen... :emb: I wasn't clear!

·
Lost in Time
2,289 Posts
Originally posted by Death Metal

I meant: we still DO have "the blue deathy" screen... :emb: I wasn't clear!
Hmmm, forgiven :)

I wanted those things (the blue screen) out of the OS. If it were to be stable as they said, then there would be no need for that. And now they have even given more power to it, as it really shutdown the system with the minor suspection of error...:(

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah, i've played Golden Sun on the emulators.... in japanese.... but it plays nicely and looks to be a good game. But I was wondering, is Magical Vacation out already? If so I think i'll try that out (seeing as it's made by former Square people, which should mean a great game..... erm... should)

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Damn, I need to get then damn Japanese language down already so I can start learning the writing, so I can read and translate Japanese on the spot, which won't happen for at least 2-3 years I can bet you.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts