Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any major problems with this Service Pack, aside the TCP connection limit? I know theres a patch for that, so any other problems?
U guys using it?

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
No problem, performance is just as good and occasionaly faster than SP1, Security is bumped up a bit but you'll still want some kind of security software like antiviruses and firewalls

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have only had one problem with it. I use Earthlink toolbar and for some reason after upgrading to SP2 IE doesn't like the toolbar. Now IE will crash randomly even if it's not open.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I never upgraded personally, buts that's mainly becuase it occasionally messes up your windows installation, and I don't want to risk having to restall all my stuff. Besides, I have a feeling I'd just end up diabling all the new features anyway to keep any of my programs from having compatability broken.

·
band
4,912 Posts

·
Wind, Life, Eternity
1,331 Posts
IE is a lot more secure in SP2. It'll prompt you before installing anything now and you can choose to never install something too.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
i got mine on the internet, no problems at all thus far...gotta disable their lame security center crap, but after that, it's smooth sailing :D

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Them ill just try it out. Ill wait for a fresh install....

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Well there seems to be a few more exploits showing up for users still running SP1. Check neowin.net's news archives.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Well I ordered a disc from MS since I'm on dialup with a 150 hour-month limit. Took it a couple of weeks to get out here in the middle of nowhere, and it runs fine for me.

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My friend ordered and already get his copy. Ill splitstream it and install here.

·
Registered
885 Posts
already install and using SP2, no problem so far just It slows down my PC a little bit, perhaps it is because of the security center... but windows XP SP2 sure got a good security features.

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
Disable the security center and the built in firewall and use your own (A Router or Zone alarm) as well as the auto update, trust me

·
Registered
774 Posts
nah.. i've installed it before. but after noticing some of my programs doesnt worked. I remove it. It useless for me. I got everything xp need using third party software.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
no problems at all used Nlite to combine default win xp install with SP2 and i have to say it works great :) PS. could someone post or PM me with link to that patch for TCP? :) or is it available from windows update page?

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
I don't see any reason not to install the SP2 right now, and about the TCP connections issue, even if you don't patch it, the only difference will be that P2P programs will just take longer to connect to peers at the beginning, but after a few minutes it'll work just as good as with SP1.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts