Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got my new computer ( yay ^_^ ) but the only problem is my modem/sound card won't work with Win98 - It's really weird :confused: - So I am stuck with WinME, :mad: :mad: :mad: the only problem is that whenever I try and load a game in ePSXe the game just doesn't load, ISO or CD.... It brings me to a black screen when I press esc I get back to the normal ePSXe screen but the game just won't load..... WTF!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!? GOD I HATE WINME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

-EDIT- I figured it out, but I still hate WinME :p

·
Registered
39 Posts
hmm

u got a porivate message, if u load a bin bye espxe instead of an iso hmmm do u get an error message cold be the game isnt compatable. my winme works with alot of games. elemental gearbolt freezes and crashes like heck

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
hmmmmmmmmm........I am using Window ME without any problems.I would rather suggest u to check your gfx Card Drivers.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
opppps!!!!! I figured out the problem, oh well thnks anyways.... Hey, can anyone tell me how to correctly ISO a PSX game with CDRWIN?

·
Registered
39 Posts
yes

ok load cdrwin, goto the top row fourth icon over. onbackup tool operation select build an iso. below it open or find the image u wish to iso and click add then on the iso9660 select the destination dir and name it whateverthen click start. what i do alot is use the 3rd icon over and make an image(.bin/.cue ) and download it to my harddrive and play espsxe with it. its simple also if u have castlevania symphony of the night could u post or send me the .cue u made? mine is corrupt. seeya man hope i was some help.from fscarroll

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no no no, I know that already but I mean what setting to use, because I'm guessing I didn't use the right settings and thats why it wouldn't run.... I used to know them but I didn't ISO much back then (when I had my old computer)

·
Registered
39 Posts
oh

ok start ur espxe make sure ur bios is configured meaning tell the emu where o look for it and then config ur gpu,spu,cdrom and mdecs which in 1.40 are already set well that should do it then click on load iso and find it and click oin open bingo ps do u have castlevania s.,o.t.n

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I hope this is what you're looking for.
click the "extract disc/tracks/sectors to image file" button.
Extract mode = disc Image/Cuesheet.
Image Filename = name of your psx game.bin (or .iso)
Now for the reading options.
select RAW.
Error recovery = Ignore.
Jitter correction = Disable.
Subcode Analysis = Auto.
Data speed = 1x.
Audio speed = 1x.
Read retry count = 50.
Subcode threshold = 300.
Now hit "save settings" so you don't have to set that everytime. I say read at 1x because its the most compatable, but I don't have any problems reading at max speed.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
They can.
And they ve done it : Do u know the NT series?
I have Win2k and i can proove that it rules.
Win 2k is optimized for network connection(just change a bit the registry), the cpu optimizing for the tasks u re doin' and a lot more.
(And I don t speak of the NTFS...)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Of course, all Windows(c)(r)(tm) Sucks ! ;)

Seriously, get Win2k, by far it's the best.
Still not perfect but NTs are hundred times less buggy than 9Xs.
Well, it's a bit less compatible, bleem or vgs not working for example.
But the stability gain comes in handy when you need REAL multitasking.

Still when you tweak your hardware, or when you play games making intensive use of it (such as PSX emus) you can get lockups, but it's a PC architecture issue, not a Windows one.

We'll see if XP keeps its promises, i think not but ... wait and see ...

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I just don t wait for XP.
I know it s using the Win2k kernels and it s more compatible w/ Win98 than Win2k.

IMO, it s just some sort of win2k badly remixed for the mass...
I m staying w/ 2k.

bye

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
WinME works perfectly well here,it's been 1 month since I didn't get a BSOD(I can't believe it myself).
But WinXP will kill all the other Windows(and Win2k as well).

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
THAT is just ur opinion.
BTW, I can say that WinME handles very badly the RAM. (even much more than 98).

Here s my opinion:
Win2k is leading the way now.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
That's why I said"here".
But WinME will work perfectly well for someone who knows how to tweak it.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Win ME is nothing more than win98 w/ new bugs and useless new functions.

that s all i have to say.

BTW, Most of the people here don t know how to tweak winME.
So they re reffering as the "basis" version.

bye

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Originally posted by Rargh
Win ME is nothing more than win98 w/ new bugs and useless new functions.

that s all i have to say.

BTW, Most of the people here don t know how to tweak winME.
So they re reffering as the "basis" version.

bye
It seems you're quite nervous today Rargh,is it Fan.....related?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts