Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Opensource-spice
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wine

It took every bit of thirty minutes for me to find out that a large amount of people are completely Windows independent. It also took less time to figure out that half of these people expect Crysis to run

...under wine, ok!

WITH!

an nvidia 7-series vga. Or better yet, an integrated chip.

Just about every page I've seen, the person testing is using crap hardware to run these games. I've done so many face-palms reading, I don't know what to do. Is there anyone out there with Linux that uses a damn 4870 or the like? I suggest we get someone with some money and willpower to test these games, have some sense!

This isn't to mention that Wine's computability page doesn't list any system specs of the person that used the emulator, just what distribution he used and how much fail he attributed.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
yeah, stop talking now ok.

since the last post i read of yours talked about a system not posting because ati's chipset drivers aren't installed.... i really don't think you should be talking like you're some sort of authority.

·
Opensource-spice
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
yeah, stop talking now ok.

since the last post i read of yours talked about a system not posting because ati's chipset drivers aren't installed.... i really don't think you should be talking like you're some sort of authority.
I hate I offended you, if you really have a problem with it; then don't listen. I know what I know, not what you know. Truth-be-told, that guy never said his system didn't post, only what color his screen was. It could have been ATI.

For seconds, Wine has been tested by a few people who do know what they are doing. It's just like any program or logical system, most people that go into it don't know what they are doing; which rendered my majority of replies from google.

If you don't like the way I cook, you don't have to eat the ****ing food.

EDIT: If anyone really does correct me in any way and is proven as fact, I will normally agree with them, however you didn't; you just boastfully flaunted your ego upon me with no logical answer as to me being wrong or otherwise. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong and I'll learn something out of it as well. If I'm right, then I'm right, and if I'm right then that means someone else is wrong. If your right, that means I'm wrong and If I'm wrong; then through your actions I should be well righted and thankful.

I feel dizzy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts