Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
8+ Years
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, I'm having some problems here.
Vista 64 Bit Ultimate got annoying so I decided to install XP 64 Bit.
The only problem is sometimes I get the BSOD.
It'll mostly happen when I install new applications, drivers and etc.
I googled why this was happening and found out the drivers had to be x64 drivers. I have downloaded all the right drivers (x64 drivers) and I still get the BSOD from time to time.
I need help. :dead:
I wrote down some of the BSOD codes
c000021a
STOP : 0x00000050
0xFFFFFADF290C7290

I have no idea what to do with these. I don't want my system to crash while I'm working on something. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :thumb:
Thanks in Advance!

·
8+ Years
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Driver support for XP x64 is poor. You'd have much better support with Vista 64.
Well...I'm going to stick with the XP x64 for now.

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
Are you sure u got ride of the old drivers u had installed?

Or maybe I didnt understand well... u installed xp64 used xp32 drivers then when you found out you installed the 64bit ones?

Try checking what u have installed so far it's probable an application is conflicting.

·
Opensource-spice
1,503 Posts
Windows XP 64bit was a bad move. Consider the fact that the company has put all of its interest and money into Vista.

It's like Nintendo making a handheld system. You'd buy it then wonder why it sucks then look at the big Wii brother up there and figure it out.
Oh wait, that happened. *smacks face*

·
Registered
235 Posts
All I say is wait for windows 7 64 bit when it comes out, that's what I am going to do so I could finally use a working 64-bit OS.

·
Final Fantasy XXX
2,413 Posts
The average joe should stick to 32-bit OS to avoid driver related issue. As a matter of fact, I don't have any problem with 64-bit OS Vista or XP.

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
The first batch of numbers and letters after the word "STOP", that is, the "0x00000000", not none of the ones in the parenthesis, is the most important part of the BSOD screen. If you ever get it, google the code and look up lists of stop codes and it'll give you hints. Only with a few certain codes do the numbers in parenthesis help narrow it down more.

0x00000050, or the Page_Fault_In_Non-Paged_Area error, is usually related to drivers, often video ones.

·
8+ Years
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are you sure u got ride of the old drivers u had installed?

Or maybe I didnt understand well... u installed xp64 used xp32 drivers then when you found out you installed the 64bit ones?

Try checking what u have installed so far it's probable an application is conflicting.
I know I got the x64 drivers. :D

All I say is wait for windows 7 64 bit when it comes out, that's what I am going to do so I could finally use a working 64-bit OS.
Yeah..I'll just wait till Windows 7 comes out.

The average joe should stick to 32-bit OS to avoid driver related issue. As a matter of fact, I don't have any problem with 64-bit OS Vista or XP.
Well with a 32-bit OS, my 8gig ram is going to be useless.

Just curious. What problems were you having with Vista 64? I find that most of the time people's vista problems aren't problems with vista at all. (ie. gamefreak and his boot.ini of doom)
Vista was just annoying as hell. I wasn't getting used to it at all...since I been a long time user of XP.

The first batch of numbers and letters after the word "STOP", that is, the "0x00000000", not none of the ones in the parenthesis, is the most important part of the BSOD screen. If you ever get it, google the code and look up lists of stop codes and it'll give you hints. Only with a few certain codes do the numbers in parenthesis help narrow it down more.

0x00000050, or the Page_Fault_In_Non-Paged_Area error, is usually related to drivers, often video ones.
Thanks. I know something was related the ATI drivers. Just downloaded the 8.12 drivers and everything is fine. :thumb:

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
Just curious. What problems were you having with Vista 64? I find that most of the time people's vista problems aren't problems with vista at all. (ie. gamefreak and his boot.ini of doom)
uhh...yeah about that: It was Vista 32-bit. Oh, and please give me some alternate reasons as to why my boot.ini suddenly altered itself and moreover, why it coincidentally happened after I installed Vista.

·
Final Fantasy XXX
2,413 Posts
XP and Vista have different boot loader so it's best to have Vista installed first then install XP because XP can't load or view Windows Vista OS with it outdated boot.ini but Vista on the hand can dual boot any previous OS.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
....err no, Vista UPDATES the boot ini to the BC Loader, so its better to have XP installed first.

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
Yeah, when I entered the boot.ini, it warned me not to edit it and use BC Loader instead. I only had to change the partition no. from 5 to 4, but I couldn't even do that

·
Banned
23,263 Posts

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
Too late for that now though, my HD is Vista-free :yippee:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts