Next Generation Emulation banner

Windows XP themes anyone?

2K views 24 replies 18 participants last post by  Coolsvilleman 
#1 ·
For the Windows XP users out there, how many of you use themes other than the supplied Luna and Windows Classic? If you do, perhaps you'd be so kind as to give a link or screenshot of your preferred theme.

I recently found this visual style and set it up. I'd say it's my favorite-est ( :hmmm: ) I've used so far. :thumb:

#2 ·
zcal said:
For the Windows XP users out there, how many of you use themes other than the supplied Luna and Windows Classic? If you do, perhaps you'd be so kind as to give a link or screenshot of your preferred theme.

I recently found this visual style and set it up. I'd say it's my favorite-est ( :hmmm: ) I've used so far. :thumb:
I think most of us use other themes than luna :) gonna submit mine when I get home :)

#5 ·
I use Whistler 2251, and have done for about 2 years. I've occasionaly switched to other themes (Lunar Silver, Eclipse OSX, Softbody), but I always come back to this one

#8 ·
Nice site zcal, too bad that when I'm installing such a file it asks me to install tons of spyware :(
I'd better run spybot after installing :rolleyes:

#11 ·
Cid Highwind said:
Nice site zcal, too bad that when I'm installing such a file it asks me to install tons of spyware :(
I'd better run spybot after installing :rolleyes:
Heh, some of the themes do want you to install spyware I'm sad to say. Didn't used to be the case, but a lot of them still don't. Some come in self-extracting packages, some in zip files, some in installers... I always quit the install if it asks me to install spyware, no matter how cool the theme looks. :rolleyes:

#14 ·
#16 ·
#18 ·
eh... I usually use the default for XP... thanks for all the links guys... now to do some downloading... there are really nice selection in themeXP... I'll try the other links later on...

#23 ·
Dude, I have never heard of NeoWin before! How do I use it? The pic that you are showing is amazing!!! I WANT!!!

r2rX :D

#24 ·
neowin's a forum like ngemu = =
just sign up and surf around the customizing comp section..

here's my instructions for my theme, lol...
install this first
http://download.neowin.net/nw_uxtheme.zip
then download skin
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/7631106/
unzip to folder, 2x click the .msstyles file
install objectdock to have the quicklaunch
bar thing at bottom
install y'z shadow to have transparency
and shadows
install y'z toolbar and use the skin from
the inspirat file
for the calender thing..
install rainlender with "j.re rules" skin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.