Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be considered voiding your warranty but here goes:

if you install a copy of XP home over a Pro installation you'll get all the features on XP pro in home, I have a real copy of XP pro and XP home, I decided to try an experiment on the PC runing home, I formated it's HD and installed XP pro but didn't activate it, I then proceded to install XP home in the same directory right on top of it and activated that, I checked the control panel and all the administrative tools are there as well as the disk backup utility and the remote assistence as well.

If anyone did this tel me who your installation go

remember, Microsoft may not help you if your computer has a problem, I will not hbe responisble if your computer has a problem either

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
IF you had activation for pro why would you use home? Home is generally slower and has less features. I don't know why you would want to use it.

·
Registered
885 Posts
slower? no, I don't think Home is slower than pro they just different in feature, of course Home has less feature than pro.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Really, it isn't any slower. Logically, Pro would be slower given the extra services it has (which someone like myself wouldn't use). :rolleyes:

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have 2 computers one already has Pro activated on it and the other "Prome" PC has a Home serial activated on it

Home is slower after a visit to www.blkviper.com and some benchmarking

1 - 5 of 5 Posts