Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows xp piracy RAMPANT

2K views 28 replies 13 participants last post by  Ryos 
#1 · (Edited)
#3 · (Edited)
no i more meant like i wish i could of got it for 75 cents like in that artical instead of $200 bucks and do you like big bill? i dont like big bill because i payed for his crap that looks all nice at first then its back to the freakin blue screens general protection faults and lockups as usaul hes selling lemons

#6 ·
Originally posted by eazye
200 posts !!
Congratulations, still a long way to go, but you did it untill now, still doing that

BTW why making this thread ? :p

#14 ·
Guess ol' Bill will have to think of a better way other than Product activation..... XP is pirated way too much over here too, and I haven't seen anyone having trouble with installing it yet.

As for me, I'm sticking with my old Win98SE.....still got a lot o' DOS (hentai) games I enjoy. :D

#16 · (Edited)
I see much of those being sold around here as well, but I never had the feel of buying it (not because it is pirate, but it is XP). Come on, we all knew some smart one would show up with something to destroy M$'s dreams. They always do.

As for the prices... yes it is REALLY ridiculously priced. I think every software is bound to be considered as over-priced. Of course, a lot of hard work is put into it, but still software in general are really an abuse when it comes to pricing...

#18 ·
Well I wasn't really expecting anything else. Not that I'm condoning it or anything but this whole activation key thing could work in reverse. It has gotten so much bad press that it has had the effect that some ppl are refusing to upgrade and others who might have bought it legitimately obtaining the pirate version instead as they couldn't be bothered with the hassle.

G
#19 ·
it doesnt hurt sales as much as many articles suggest though...
People who warez something often wouldnt buy it anyways.

..I mean, really...I dont think there are much home users that are willing to spend lotsa $$$ on a bunch of compatibility issues.

same with bleem. Many people simply refuse to pay for an emulator.

#20 ·
Originally posted by Betamax
Well I wasn't really expecting anything else. Not that I'm condoning it or anything but this whole activation key thing could work in reverse. It has gotten so much bad press that it has had the effect that some ppl are refusing to upgrade and others who might have bought it legitimately obtaining the pirate version instead as they couldn't be bothered with the hassle.
Look at my example, i refuse to upgrade to it just cuz of these activation key. I dont like at all the ideia of having a key based on the hardware of my computer. Its a complete invasion of privacy in my opinion. My computer and the hardware within it is a matter only to me. And the thing made me angriest (is that right? :p) is having to change the key for each upgrade. I swore myself that i will never upgrade to XP. If needed ill put linux, or Windows 2000 (that is what i have right now), but not XP at all. (Wish some M$ marketing guy was reading that... )

[]'s

Tenchi Muyou

#21 ·
Originally posted by eazye
wow where you guys live the sell pirate shit in the stores???? like its just all displayed on the street?
LOL,
in some places, yes, you can find pirated shit on the streets. You just have to know where to look. Near where i work there is a place called "Camelodromo". Its some kind of black market.. you can find almost anything there, ppl says its everything from paraguay. :p There you can find PSX cds for as low as R$ 5 (about US$2), i even say selling complete FF9 for R$20 (about USS$8,5)

[]'s

Tenchi Muyou

#23 · (Edited)
It's easy when you know. At least here i can easily find it. Its true that when cops goes there starts a big mess, and once in a while someone get arrested, but 5 min later its all back again. And i forgot to say: I live on a big city, and this place is the "comercial heart" of it :D Incredible, uh? And to think that i know lots of subburban places that dont have anything like that at all.

[]'s

Tenchi Muyou

#24 ·
Heh... when I was still in Indonesia, piracy is almost the norm... seriously. When I was younger, I can't tell the difference between pirated and original software.....

Here's the funny part.... if you go to a "software" store and ask for an original copy, you'll get one of the following responses:
1. Uh... what do you mean?
2. Sorry, we don't carry those.
3. *blank stare*.. uhh.... why? It's wayy too expensive.

At least that's how it was when I grew up there... things might have changed now... :)

#25 ·
Originally posted by kairi00
Heh... when I was still in Indonesia, piracy is almost the norm... seriously. When I was younger, I can't tell the difference between pirated and original software.....

Here's the funny part.... if you go to a "software" store and ask for an original copy, you'll get one of the following responses:

At least that's how it was when I grew up there... things might have changed now... :)
Here i can say that nowadays piracy and original software goes 50-50%. But thats a great advance. Few years ago that rate was 90-10%. And some of the software here you only tell the diference because of the prices. I once saw a pirated software for US$10 and later i found it for almost US$400, on a store about 50m from where i was. Same thing. Couldnt tell you the diff. Of course there are lots of piracy that is really bad done. I recently saw a Windows XP cd on a simple case, written on some of that pens to mark cds: "Windows XP Serial xxx-xxxx-xxx". There is a lot of that too :)

[]'s

Tenchi Muyou

#26 ·
Originally posted by kairi00

LOL! the exact same thing still happens over here...you can only find original software by searching in all but the biggest malls....and when you live 15 miles from the nearest one, and you aint got a car....it all boils down to what's easier to get. :(

but if you MUST know, all the apps and OS I ever used were originals, because my dad buys them during his overseas business travels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.