Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
What is your point? I'm stupid for not stealing software? Or it's OK because its "big bill?" If I misread your post, I'm sorry; but it sure seems like that is what you meant.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
no i more meant like i wish i could of got it for 75 cents like in that artical instead of $200 bucks and do you like big bill? i dont like big bill because i payed for his crap that looks all nice at first then its back to the freakin blue screens general protection faults and lockups as usaul hes selling lemons

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
Originally posted by eazye
200 posts !!
Congratulations, still a long way to go, but you did it untill now, still doing that

BTW why making this thread ? :p

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I thought we all learned something from Bleem's example, is you attempt to make something hard to pirate, it wil be pirated A LOT. something like 1 out of every 10 ppl using bleem atually bought it. Dom't try to make something hard, you will just tempt people.

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
Guess ol' Bill will have to think of a better way other than Product activation..... XP is pirated way too much over here too, and I haven't seen anyone having trouble with installing it yet.

As for me, I'm sticking with my old Win98SE.....still got a lot o' DOS (hentai) games I enjoy. :D

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
well, I did have trouble installing XP, it doesn't install if you have a Geforce3 card, the installation screen just goes blank, I had to switch with my fathers card in order to install it. Once installed, it runs fine. (even WITH my geforce3)

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I see much of those being sold around here as well, but I never had the feel of buying it (not because it is pirate, but it is XP). Come on, we all knew some smart one would show up with something to destroy M$'s dreams. They always do.

As for the prices... yes it is REALLY ridiculously priced. I think every software is bound to be considered as over-priced. Of course, a lot of hard work is put into it, but still software in general are really an abuse when it comes to pricing...

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
wow where you guys live the sell pirate shit in the stores???? like its just all displayed on the street?

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Well I wasn't really expecting anything else. Not that I'm condoning it or anything but this whole activation key thing could work in reverse. It has gotten so much bad press that it has had the effect that some ppl are refusing to upgrade and others who might have bought it legitimately obtaining the pirate version instead as they couldn't be bothered with the hassle.

S

·
0 Posts
it doesnt hurt sales as much as many articles suggest though...
People who warez something often wouldnt buy it anyways.

..I mean, really...I dont think there are much home users that are willing to spend lotsa $$$ on a bunch of compatibility issues.

same with bleem. Many people simply refuse to pay for an emulator.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Originally posted by Betamax
Well I wasn't really expecting anything else. Not that I'm condoning it or anything but this whole activation key thing could work in reverse. It has gotten so much bad press that it has had the effect that some ppl are refusing to upgrade and others who might have bought it legitimately obtaining the pirate version instead as they couldn't be bothered with the hassle.
Look at my example, i refuse to upgrade to it just cuz of these activation key. I dont like at all the ideia of having a key based on the hardware of my computer. Its a complete invasion of privacy in my opinion. My computer and the hardware within it is a matter only to me. And the thing made me angriest (is that right? :p) is having to change the key for each upgrade. I swore myself that i will never upgrade to XP. If needed ill put linux, or Windows 2000 (that is what i have right now), but not XP at all. (Wish some M$ marketing guy was reading that... )

[]'s

Tenchi Muyou

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.