Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty strange.....microsoft is now giving away Demos of Windows XP, to make users of it......I heard that it failed due to incompatibility of drivers...........!

Ali

·
Registered
513 Posts
>I heard that it failed due to incompatibility of drivers
Give it time. If XP is adopted by a great many people we'll most likely see more drivers available for it. Of course, if it isn't (at least for the short term) most people are going to stick with whatever OS they're using now.

I don't know if anyone here remembers it (and seeing as how it was so long ago, I most likely can't link to it) but in the early summer I had said something along the lines of "It's a shame that developers don't feel that Win2k is worthy of their drivers. It's likely that they're going to have quite a few problems when XP, which is based around the NT kernel (mostly), comes out and home users start griping about the lack of drivers for a OS that was once thought to be only useful for business." Granted, I'm paraphrasing, but it's a fairly accurate quote.

Just as I said then, now before getting a given piece of hardware I take a look at their attitude towards driver releases. No plans for a NT/XP driver? Hostile attitude towards Linux developers? Firms like those won't be getting my money, seeing as how hardware without stable/useful drivers and developer support is worthless, so far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
158 Posts
there are loadz of drivers - OEM's r gonna bundle their pcs with winxp if it wasnt full of drivers. there r enuff driver updates. looked on windows update and saw 12 updates, thats not too bad for a 1 day old OS.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts