Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I upgraded from Windows 98 to XP Home Edition. The VBA downloaded fine but all I get is a blank screen when I load a game. The games unzip fine but all are blank screens.

Please be gentle. I am quite computer illerate.

·
Registered
317 Posts
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :lol: :lol:

No I dont think so, even though I havent used VBA in a while(because i dont have it), the way I remember it, is that you are not running the game in original size window, but in 2x or more, but are still using normal video blitter(or something like that I dont remember what its called)what you need to do is choose an option in your video settings to use Software 2X zoom, or choose to use scanlines, also try one of those dot matrixes. Keep in mind that I dont remember the names exactly but I do know what Im talking about the option should be in the main windows settings or video option(one of those).

All in all this is an easy thing to fix, usualy so before u post just mess with settings, thats the simplest and fastest way to fix problems, and it saves us time too.... :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for your replies.

Zen_master, a thousand thank yous. It worked. I'm sorry but due to my ignorance in these matters I was afraid to mess with settings or anything else. I am sorry to have bothered you all with a problem with such a seemingly obvious solution. I just didn't know.................anything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts