Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. So my bro comes up to visit me and he brings his comp with him. I give him LOTR Battle for Middle Earth since I've been wanting to test out the network skrimishes. It didnt work. Well anyway I had to restart his comp cause of the network error, and upon loading Windows, it says it cannot find a stored user profile. Never seen that error before. So it loads up with the default gay XP theme and some of his shortcuts. I have somewhat fixed the problem by putting all shortcuts under All Users/Desktop. So now he wont lose his shortcuts, but it will not keep his theme saved (wallpaper, taskbar, stuff like that). What could be causing this? I have checked for viruses and spyware and its not that. No malicious programs are running as far as I can tell, so any insight on a possible cause would be appreciated. The comp specs are 1.3 Ghz Duron, 256 MB ram, 20 GB WD HD, and a 64 MB Geforce 4 MX 420, running Windows XP SP1.

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Right Click My Computer > Manage > Local Users and Groups > Users

Right click your brothers name and go to the properties. Select the profile tab and make sure it is set to local.

Thats all I can think of atm.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok well we did that but it didnt work. So we fixed the problem by creating a new account. Thanks for the help though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts