Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Psychotic Robot Master
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright thats it, before I do anything stupid or overkill I'll simply ask for your help.After a recent windows update (I think) the windows security centre doesn't recognize my antivirus anymore and I think thats what causing my MSN to frequently disconnect on it's own.Seriously this is getting really annoying and needs to be dealt with.

How can I get my antivirus to be recognized again?I've tried to reinstall it (AVG Professional) but it didn't do any good :(.. man it used to be recognized before and now it's not? Whats up with that?

Thanks for taking some of your precious time to help me over some software junk.

· Psychotic Robot Master
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what could cause my connection flaws then? :(

· Registered
774 Posts
RZetlin said:
I won't worry too much that the Windows security centre won't recognize your firewall or anti-virus program.

My security centre doesn't recognize the firewall that I'm running.

Personally I just disable security centre. It doesn't provide protection against virus or hacking in the long run.
I agree with you, security centre just craps, better turn it off.
About the connection, could it be spyware?

· Psychotic Robot Master
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
can't be spyware, I've scanned with Spybot, adaware, A-Squared and AVG Professional :(

i'm pretty sure it was caused by a window update or something.

· Registered
774 Posts
Nevermore said:
can't be spyware, I've scanned with Spybot, adaware, A-Squared and AVG Professional :(

i'm pretty sure it was caused by a window update or something.
That the reason why im not goin to update my windows. After installing WindowsXP with sp2, I disabled automatic update. I have did like you do, i meant updating windows but it results very slow down in performance. Then I have to reinstall windows.

· Registered
378 Posts
if you're connected to the internet, not updating is going to hurt you later.. It's like not changing the oil on your car. You can do it if you want, but its a really bad idea in the long run. So far the only critical update I've ever downloaded that screws things up is SP2.

What MSN are you talking about, the browser or the instant messenger. If its the browser, I don't know why you're using it anyway. If it's the instant messenger, try connecting via Gaim to see if its something wrong with the MSN messenger in particular or if the update messed up some internet settings.

· Psychotic Robot Master
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmm apparently since everyone's getting that update.. well those who kept the automatic update up are getting it.. it can't be that causing my internet issue..

Well apparently it stopped.. ?? I'm not sure about it yet but I've been connected for more than 2 hours on MSN Messenger and no disconnections so far.. we'll see if it magically repaired itself, if it did that could've been my ISP or something.

· Registered
774 Posts
I think there is a lot of network activities running causing msn to disconnect. I guess it is because in my computer, Skype disconnected if there is too many connection made by avast web service (im using avast antivirus).

· Psychotic Robot Master
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well there was also the fact that it never happened before and I always maxed out my connection. :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.